Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Just Popping In

 to let you know I'm still alive and breathing.  And watching Shark Week.  It's now day 4 of Shark Week and I haven't seen Andy Casagrande yet.  Who do I sue?  I've seen Paul, Dickie, Kina, and Craig, but not Andy.  It would be a shame to go through a whole Shark Week without Andy.  He's a living legend. 

There are still a few episodes I haven't watched, because when one gets up ridiculously early, one must also go to bed ridiculously early, so I DVR the shows that come on after my bedtime and watch them later.  


In the meantime, I finally found a temporary solution to leaving the cat out while I'm at work.  My biggest concern is her getting caught out in storms, and me not being there to let her in.  She's finding shelter somewhere, I'm sure, but I still worry.  So, this afternoon, I got this old Styrofoam cooler out of storage and cut a door in it for her.


FYI, Styrofoam makes a shockingly loud screech when you cut it with a knife.    

I used the cooler lid to make a bit of an overhang to help keep any rain out of it.  The bricks are on top because it is Styrofoam, after all, and very lightweight.  But, you can kind of see how thick it is, so it should be well insulated, even in winter.  Once she gets a bit more used to it, I'm going to try to fix some sort of flap over the door... maybe with an old tea towel or flannel pillowcase or something...to keep the heat in a bit more.  

When I showed it to her, she went right inside and explored.  However, by the time I got my camera out and turned on, she'd come back out, so you don't get a picture of her in her new house. 


If she uses it consistently, I may spring for one of the fancy ones at a later date.  They're pretty high dollar, though, so it'll have to wait.  

Finally, in knitting news, I finally cast on a new lace shawl.  


The pattern is Garden Party, and the yarn is Knit Picks Gloss Lace in Dandelion.  I'd knit one of these years ago, and gave it to my Aunt Martha -- for no reason other than I loved her and wanted her to have something pretty.  I'd always said I was going to make another one, but never did...until now.  

I even have a recipient in mind for it already.  I'm not saying anything other than...if I have your mailing address, it might just be you.  

And now, back to your regularly scheduled Shark Week.  









1 comment:

Otter said...

Really glad you and kitty are coming to an understanding. Everyone knows that an "understanding" means you do something for kitty and she accepts it.