Monday, July 05, 2021

The Rest Of My Weekend

The plan was to get my pressure washer out and clean off my back porch.  Even though I'd cleaned them off just a few weeks ago, I noticed the moss was starting to grow on them again.  Those bricks seldom get sunlight, so it's the perfect environment for it.   After I got home from the Founder's Day thing, I broke the old pressure washer out and cleaned them off.

I'd noticed a few days ago, the bricks around my window unit had a pretty thick growth of moss on them, too, so while I had the thing out, I pressure washed them, as well.  


Apparently, the moisture blowing out of the unit provides the perfect breeding ground for it... not to mention the mildew. 


Besides, it's kind of fun pressure washing things.  And my unit is a whole lot cleaner, and probably healthier. 



I didn't get the whatever this is cleaned that well, because I was concerned about water getting into my bedroom.  That's only cheap vinyl after all.
 

 After I got done, I checked, and a little bit did get through, but it was absorbed by the cardboard I'd put on the inside to block the light.  I mean, I do go to bed with the sun still up, after all. Even so, it looks a whole lot better than it did.

Because the 4th was on a Sunday, the plant gave us today off for our holiday.  I woke up this morning a bit confused.  I thought this was July.  The weather thought it was October. 



It was so chilly inside my house, I had to break out the flannel pajama pants and a long sleeved shirt.  It didn't last long, though.  It warmed up pretty quickly.  But it was still a good day to stay inside and knit, which is what I did. 

I finished the washcloth on the right Saturday, and cast on another one. 


Which I finished yesterday.  


It's a bit of a Frankencloth, as I had to join new yarn twice.  But as I said before, these are just for me, so it doesn't matter.   I also dug out all the partial balls of cotton in my yarn closet, and I'll be knitting a few more cloths -- or a lot more, until I run out of yarn.  Eh, I can put them back until I need them. 

I spent the rest of my weekend watching patriotic movies, and working on this sock I've been knitting on for ever. 



I'm a bit aggravated with my camera.  It's not really the camera's fault, though.  It is old and getting worn out.  I'm actually surprised it still works.  But for some reason (and this may be my computer doing it), every time I download my new photos, it wants to download all of what's on my card.  It didn't used to do that.  It used to only download the new ones. Now, I've got multiple copies of the same photos on my computer.

I went through and deleted all the copies...aaaand the next time I tried to download photos from my card, it added them all back.  This afternoon, I started deleting photos from the card manually, and noticed some of them hadn't been added to my Facebook folders.  You know, holiday photos and such.  That's why I'm uploading Christmas photos in July -- just in case you were wondering.  

And finally, 


because 'Murica.  That's why. 

P.S.  Kristine's new candles are up in her shop:  Stormy Blue.  She's got the Edgar Allan Poe one listed, plus a Shark Week candle!



No comments: