Sunday, June 25, 2023

Ghosted Again

Well, I had a really nice post all planned out for you yesterday. It would have made you laugh. It would have made you cry. It would have moved you, Bob.

Alas, it was not to be.  And I'll tell you why. 

I'd gotten into one of my moods here lately...my oh poor pitiful me moods.  I won't bore you with my whining, but I'm sure you know what I mean.  When Friday, I came out of Walmart, and found that someone had left a little New Testament on my car. 


"Cool!"  I said.  Now I have a car Bible.  But when I opened it up, my land of Goshen, that print was tiny!  My thumb included for scale. 


Luckily, the kind people who left it had also tucked in a little magnifier inside.  


It's actually a pretty cool little Bible, with significant verses already highlighted.  

Then, when I got home and checked the mail, I found a someone had sent me a little devotional book.


"I think somebody might be trying to tell me something," I said.  Turns out it was a free sample from someone trying to get me to buy his series of books, but still. 

But wait, there's more!  As I was carrying my groceries into the house, the man mowing the yard next door beckoned me over and asked if I needed my yard cut.  We agreed on a price, and he said he'd come back Saturday morning and cut it.  

And that's where my illusions fell apart.  Yep, he was a no-show.  I'd been ghosted again.  

By 4:30 PM, I figured he wasn't coming, so I got out and cut my grass myself.  Eh, it was OK, because it was just going to be a one time thing anyway.  I don't like other people mowing my yard, because they tend to cut things I don't want cut.  One guy weedeated down my entire front flower bed.  And it was full of store-bought plants, too!  I remember thinking that I should probably tell him not to, but figured he'd have sense enough to see plants planted in rows inside a border are there on purpose, but I guess not.  

Still, after that, I was tired and discouraged once again, and I just didn't feel like blogging.  Speaking of, don't be alarmed if blogging becomes scarce over the next couple of months. When it starts feeling like a chore, it's time to take a break.  

So, yesterday while I was waiting for the lawn guy, I finally finished this unwholesome word headband.  


This one gave me fits, I'm telling you.  I had to rip and start over three times.  Mostly because I wasn't paying attention, but still.  As if that weren't enough, when I was caking the yarn, I found a knot in it.  I think the one on the left might have been big enough for an entire headband, but I wasn't quite sure, so I started over with a full skein.  

With the two small cakes, I cast on another hat. 


 I'm much better and hiding joins on something that has a wrong side to it.  

Now for a bit of bad news.  They announced Friday that we would be shut down the entire first week of July.  Two of those days are plant holidays, so at least we'll get paid for those.  It's still worrisome, because this is supposed to be our busy season.  We're down to five assembly lines, and there still isn't enough work to keep us going.  I'm hoping part of the reason it's slow is because they're drawing down the inventory in the warehouses, but I'm fearing I might not have a job before it's all over.  

So to cheer us all up, here is a bit of humor I found on Facebook. 


And I'm the weirdo who thought, "Good!  Now I know where he is so I can go into stealth mode and launch a counter offensive!"  

No comments: