Saturday, June 03, 2023

Two Down

I'm almost done getting this fence line cleared.  I got out this morning before it got too hot and cut down the second of the three privet trees.


I still need to move some of the detritus to the brush pile, but that's going to have to wait.  I was already whooped. 

By the time I got this much done, I was so soaked with sweat I had to come in and take a shower before I could even do the housework.  If I hadn't, I think the clean sheets would have been dirtier than the dirty sheets before I'd even gotten them changed.   But I think I have enough cleared to call the surveyor and get the property lines marked.  Then I can call the Fence Guys...and I'm sure you're tired of hearing about my fence.

In fact, I was kind of wavering on even getting my fences replaced due to the economy being so bad and all. What if I spend all that money on the fence, then get laid off or something and wish I had it back?  I don't think that will happen, but even so.  However, this morning when I was out clearing this stuff out, I heard a car door and instantly went on high alert and my first instinct was to hide.  That just solidified my desire for a privacy fence.  I can piddle in my yard without feeling like I've constantly got to look over my shoulder. 

After all that, since I'd already taken a shower, I couldn't really work outside any more, so I watched movies and knit. I finished this headband 


after having to start completely over on it.  I don't know what I did, but somehow I miscounted my rows, or didn't move a stitch marker, but they two sides weren't coming out even.  No biggie.  Two episodes of The Office and one of Time Team and I was right back to where I started. 

Even better, I've got the pattern worked out for an 88 stitch cast on, and I like the results.  Now I can make them in two sizes. In the meantime, I cast on another hat.  


It is Red Heart, obviously, in the colorway celery. I think I have enough for at least two hats, and maybe a headband or two.  

I watched Saving Private Ryan again, and I wasn't any more impressed than I was the first time.  I mean, the opening sequence about D-Day was the best part.  The rest was pretty meh.  Then I watched Miracle -- about the 1980 Olympic hockey team.  

Even after all this time, hearing Al Michaels call

Do you believe in miracles?

Still gives me goosebumps.  

Say, here's a fun bit of trivia for you.  When Al Michaels was recording the audio for the movie, they gave him a script of what he'd said.  However, he just couldn't replicate the emotion of that line, so they cut in the actual audio from the game broadcast.  Here's another fun bit of trivia for you.  Buzz Schneider, a member of that hockey team, was played in the movie by his real life son Billy.  

Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: