Thursday, May 12, 2022

Random Thoughts Of A Thursday Evening

 1.  Day four.  We are on day four of no air conditioning in the plant.  This is not a pleasant experience, especially with the outside temperatures being up into the 90s.  I overheard some people saying that they'd had to order a part and were waiting for it to get in.  Hopefully, it'll get here soon.

2.  I completely forgot what I was going to say here.

3.  We're getting better over in the brazing department!  Tuesday, we had six brazers out.  Yesterday, there were five brazers out.  Today, it was only four. Maybe tomorrow, it'll only be three!  Of course, we won't be back at full staffing until the one who had the baby is back, and the one who broke her foot is back...but we take what we can get. 

4.  I'm going to have to skip the lunar eclipse Sunday, due to having to go to work Monday.  It's all very fascinating, but I'm sure it looks just like every other lunar eclipse I've ever seen.  

5.  Speaking of, it looks like it's going to be Fall before I can use my new telescope again, since this time of year, I go to bed before the sun sets.  I'd love to watch that eclipse through it -- the telescope, I mean -- if it weren't for that whole having to work thing. 

6.  Your vocabulary word of the day is schadenfreude.  Schadenfreude is that wonderful, happy feeling you get when you watch The Production Manager Formerly Known As Brazing Boss -- yes, the same Brazing Boss who used to tell us not to rush, not to listen to what the production manager was telling us, that no matter how badly the lines were rushing us, we had to take our time and braze slowly, and just make the lines wait -- absolutely losing his...um, marbles.. yes, let's say marbles...because he doesn't have any headers on the lines, and the lines are all down waiting on them, and he doesn't know what he's going to do...and all the brazers are laughing at him.  That is schadenfreude. 

7.  Cody and Brennan are coming down next Wednesday to drive me to the oral surgeon. I took Thursday off, too, since it's three teeth I'm getting extracted.  I tried to get Friday also so I'd have a nice long weekend, but I didn't realize that's the local HS Graduation.  Supervisor said there were way too many people already taking off, and I replied if I'd known it was graduation, I wouldn't have even bothered.  Since I no longer have a kid in school, I don't keep up with this stuff any more. 

8.  Anybody want to have a Chosen watch party Wednesday evening or Thursday?  

9.  Speaking of The Chosen, this is my absolute favorite scene of the entire series...well, so far. 

I mean, there are so many good scenes, it was hard to pick just one, but this one really spoke to me.  There is so, so much to unpack here, it will take a whole post unto itself to get through it all.  It's marinating in my brain, and one day, I'll get it all typed out for you.  Today is not that day, though, so you'll just have to be content with the clip. 

10.  I forgot what I was going to put here, too. 

11.  I guess that means it's time for bed, so goodnight all. 

No comments: