Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Guess What Day It Is?

 Guess what day it is?  Well, yes, it is that, too, but it's more than just hump day.  It's also the day I bombard you with way too many photos of my flower beds!  Aren't you excited?

Before I get to that, there is something I forgot to tell you yesterday.  We have a new HR Director out at the plant.  Yes, another one.  They don't seem to last very long, do they? I can't say I'm sorry to see the other one go.  I've mentioned her before.  We called her Karen, even though that wasn't her name. She was a piece of work.  She won't be missed.

By the way, that's how you know you've got some serious problems.  When your turnover rate is high among employees, you've got problems, but when your HR Department has a revolving door on it, you've got serious problems.  

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...or not.  But here it is anyway.  My flower beds!  

This afternoon I got out and transplanted several more of my seedlings into the big beds.  

And yes, I've gotten almost fanatical with the marking flags.  I've had lawn care folks weedeat too many of my plants down, so I've gotten a bit paranoid.  Thus, every thing is flagged.  And I do mean every thing.  

I still have quite a few more seedlings to transplant,   

but I'm quickly running out of room.  This is all the space I have left.

I'd originally thought I'd clean out this old fire pit and use it as a flower bed,

but the more I think about it, the less I really want to do that.  I'm tired of mowing around it, and kinda just want to get rid of it.  That will still require digging all of the trash out of it, but I hope to get started on it after this next round of storms comes through.  I might still transplant my daffodils into that spot, though, because once they die back, I can just mow them down like they weren't even there. 

I'll still have to figure out what to do with the rest of my seedlings, though.  I'll probably just plant them in this spot -- meaning the old fire pit -- and leave them to fend for themselves.  I keep hoping they will reseed themselves and I'll have a nice wildflower patch eventually.  But then, I'd have to be mowing around that, so nah, not gonna do it.  I'll just cram them into the front bed.  

Since my life is so dull at the moment, I think I'll just show you a few more pictures of my flora, then let you go.  This is my bachelor's button.  It's gotten really big.  I hope some of those other things sprouting end up being more of these. 


Marty Mac is doing well, putting out new traps like crazy. 


He's also had another bloom open, and you can see at least three more waiting in the wings. 


And lastly, my lantanas are really coming on.  

On the far side of that flower bed, at the top of the photo, I have room for one more, but so far, Wally World hasn't gotten any in this year.  They may get some later, so I'll keep looking, but so far, no joy.  If they had given us this weekend off at work, I was thinking about running up to Lowe's and seeing if they have any, but alas, we are scheduled to work Saturday.

For some reason, they've decided I'm the one who needs to put the notice up on the board, and when the dispatcher brought me the work schedule to post, I said, "You're trying to get me killed over here!"  He said, "Tell them you're just the messenger," to which I replied, "But they always shoot the messenger!" 

My coworker said it best, "It's not even about the holiday.  I'm just tired." 

Boy I know that feeling...

Whelp, that's all I have for today, so I'll leave you in peace.  Until next time...

No comments: