Sunday, April 10, 2022

The Best Laid Plans

The plan had been to run by Walmart after work yesterday, get some bags of topsoil, and start spreading it in the low spots in my front yard.  The plan was to get some garden soil and figure out how to make a flower bed for my daffodils.  Maybe get that old tire out of the shed and paint it, and make a planter out of it.  Or start digging out the old fire pit and figure out what to do with it.  

It would have been a beautiful day for it all.  It was sunny and warm, even though the wind was chilly.  I just couldn't see myself staying inside on a day like that.  Heck, maybe I'd even go up to Lowe's and see what they had in stock up there. 

You know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men.  

It would seem I am no exception to that rule.  

You see, I feed the cat in the laundry room, and to keep the dog from scarfing down all the cat food, I put a pet gate across the door.  Yesterday morning, still drowsy from having woken up at 2:45, I was stepping over the gate to feed the cat, and I somehow clonked my foot against the top of it.  This is not uncommon for someone as klutzy as I am, however, this time, it did something to my foot. 

I don't know what, as there hasn't been any swelling or bruising, but it sho-nuf hurts.  By the time I got off work, it was hurting so badly, all I wanted to do was to get off of it.  And that, Gentle Reader, is exactly what I did.  Other than doing a load of laundry, I spent the evening knitting, and binging season 2 of The Chosen.

And eating the Easter candy I said I wasn't going to buy.   But did.  Obviously. 

By the way, if you've never watched The Chosen, I highly recommend it.  If you have either Fire TV or ROKU, you can download the Angel Studios app and see the entire thing for free.  

It feels much better today, but still it hurts enough I'm going to take it easy again.  I might get out and plant some seeds later on, but I'm not going to do any of the heavy stuff like mowing or spreading dirt -- which I don't yet have, because our Walmart doesn't deliver and I don't feel like going to to the store.  

Maybe tomorrow. 

No comments: