Thursday, April 07, 2022

It's Not Just Me

Once upon a time, a certain blogger we all know and love, got out of bed and went to work bright and early this morning, whereupon this certain blogger we all know and love's coworker told her, "Boy, when that alarm went off this morning, I lay there for about five minutes, debating whether to come in today or to just go back to sleep."  

So, see?  It's not just me.  All righty then, moving right along. 

Since it's been -- oh, a few days since I've forced you to sit through a bunch of photos of my flowers, guess what you get to do?  That's right!  You get to sit through a bunch of photos of my flowers!  Aren't you excited?   OK, away we go...

First up, my one, lonely little bluebonnet:

  And yes, I realize I should have moved the hose before taking the picture, but I didn't.  You'll just have to pretend it's a rattlesnake, which love to live in bluebonnets for some reason.   

Meanwhile, the ones in this little box are really coming on.  


I'm thinking the tall ones are Cosmos, but I'm not completely sure.  I'll probably go ahead and get them into the ground next weekend, because we rarely have frosts after the middle of April.  Next weekend is also Resurrection Sunday, and I'm hoping they take pity on us and let us have the weekend off.  Not holding my breath on that, though.  But you never know with them.  

Next up on the agenda, the Bachelor's Buttons are blooming like crazy.  

Seeing these, I kinda wish I had more of them.  Maybe next year, I'll plant a whole bed of just buttons. 

I still have no idea what this thing is, but it's covered in buds.  

I'll keep you updated. 

Moving on around the corner, I've finally got some daffodils blooming. 

I'm not sure exactly which variety they are, but they're really pretty.  I've marked them with my little flags, because I want to dig them up after they're done blooming and put them together in their own separate bed. I picked some and made myself a couple of bouquets for the house. 


The last thing I did while I was outside was to cut some of the dead branches and stuff out of my roses.

I'll have to find my gloves to get it all picked up and thrown into the compost.  It may be dead, but yes, it still has thorns.  Ask me how I know.  Once I get that all cleaned up, the only thing I'm going to trim are the parts that are sticking straight out into the yard.   Other than that, I'm leaving the roses alone. 


And thus concludes your walk through my flower beds.  And they all lived happily ever after.

After they practiced their piano, that is. 

No comments: