Thursday, April 28, 2022

I Could Kick Myself

 I could kick myself.  I really could.  

I've been keeping my little seedlings on the porch so they could get plenty of sun, and even though I knew it was supposed to rain Monday, I thought they'd be OK there.  They were under the roof after all. 


I thought wrong.  

I should have moved them back from the edge a bit more, because by the time I got home from work, they were totally drowned.  The trays were completely full of water, and these poor little babies had been pounded so hard, some of the cells didn't even have any soil left in them.  I filled them back up with potting soil in a somewhat vain attempt to save the seedlings, but for some of them, it was too little too late. 

All of my peat pellets were under water, and the ones closes to the edge of the porch had been rained on so hard, they completely disintegrated.  

You can see what was left of them in the lower left corner -- just the little mesh bags.  I'm pretty sure by this time, anything that would have germinated in these already had, but still...

I keep trying to console myself, telling myself I've got plenty that I've already planted in the bed, 


including these three new ones I planted Tuesday, 


and a few more that will be ready to plant soon, 


But still, I hate that I wasn't a good steward of what I had planted.  

There is good news, though.  I came home today and Marty Mac was blooming!


Isn't that cool?  

No comments: