Wednesday, March 04, 2015

New And Old

It was so hot in the plant this morning, it was kind of hard to believe we are under a winter storm warning, but we are. 

How hot was it?

It was so hot and clammy that the overhead water pipes were sweating.  And where did that condensation drip all day?  That's right, on my head.  Not having a hat, or an umbrella, I had to make do with what was handy.  Yep, I spent the day with a cardboard box on my head.  I got some strange looks, but after I'd been nailed right in the eye a couple of times, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. 

One of the supervisors said I should post a selfie and maybe start a new fashion trend.  Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Speaking of winter storms, before we left, the plant passed around a notice.  The plant will be open as usual tomorrow, despite us being in the red area of this map. 



I'm guessing about half the plant won't show up again.  You'd think they'd figure out to just shut the place down for one day, but nooooo...I'm really glad I had the foresight to put in a vacation day.  Now, I don't have to get up and try to decide if the roads will be safe enough to drive on.  I can just stay in my nice, warm house and watch TV all day.  Unless the power goes out.  Which I hope it doesn't.

I'm prepared anyway.  I have plenty of knitting, a fully charged Kindle, and a cousin with a fireplace and a generator. 

You know, I used to love winter.  That was before I had to get out and try to drive in it.   Now, that I'm getting older, this ice is just getting old.  At least snow is pretty to look at.  Ice is just ice. 

One bright spot to the day...I've been looking around on sites like Etsy and Amazon for some Viking or Celtic themed jewelry.  While perusing Etsy, I found this Celtic knot necklace.  Following financial advice I received years ago, I waited 30 days. 

Yep, I still wanted it as badly as I did on day 1.  Guess what I found in my mailbox when I got home from work.



I was really impressed at how quickly it arrived.  I ordered it February 28, and it got here today.  I would definitely recommend that seller.  In fact, he's got some other stuff I've been looking at.  It's not all Celtic, either.  He's got steampunk, pirate, and athletic themed stuff, too. 

Anyway, this appears to be a variation of his own design, as I have never seen it before in any of the Celtic history sites or anything. 


I wish you could see it in person.  It's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.  Light, and delicate, yet strong and endless. 

And absolutely perfect. 

No comments: