Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Another One

I took the day off work today so I could go get my annual physical.  I always try to schedule mine as early in the morning as I can get, because your bloodwork is more accurate when you've fasted for 12 hours.  I have co-workers who will schedule their doctor appointments for 4 in the afternoon, but I can't do that.  I can't go all day long with nothing to eat or drink.  And to spend all day at work like that,  So I go as early in the day as I can.  Then I go get a sausage biscuit at Burger King.  Boy, do I love their sausage biscuits.

Anyway, the doc says I'm going to live.  For someone who was so sickly as a child, I've been blessed with amazingly good health as an adult.  I talked to him about the spells of lightheadedness I've been having lately.  My blood pressure is good, so he says it's that I'm mildly dehydrated.  So I've got to be sure to drink more, especially on the weekends.  I do pretty good at work, but I'm bad about not drinking much on Saturdays.

I got my allergy medicines refilled, except the Allegra, which is OTC now.  He said he'd write me a prescription if I thought my insurance would help me pay for it, but they won't.  I tried that a while back with some Claritin.  The pharmacist said that if I tried to file it on my insurance, I'd have to pay the full prescription price for it, because it was available OTC.  So, I'll just pay the $25 for a 45 day supply off the shelf and leave it at that.

The good news is, my Nasacort is available in a generic form now, so that'll save me a ton of money.  Epi-pens are still over $100, though.  I guess they don't have generics of those.

After that, I came home and spent most of the day piddling around the house and thinking it was Saturday.   I wanted to take a nap, but was afraid if I did that, I wouldn't sleep tonight, and I really need to sleep tonight.  So I knit instead.  I've added a few squares to my sock yarn blankie-- well to one of them anyway.  And I cast on a new scarf.

There is no pattern.  I just cast on 70 stitches and am working it in linen stitch.  If you don't know what that is, it is:

Row 1:   *K1 SL 1 wyif*  repeat to end.
Row 2:  *P1 SL 1 wyib* repeat to end.

That's it.  Just do that over and over and over and over and over and over and over....well, until you run out of yarn or to stark raving mad and have to be committed to a mental institution.

In retrospect, I probably should have used a cable cast on, but I'm not ripping it out now.

I also got another repeat done on my Traveling Roses scarf.

The pattern calls for 13 repeats, but I'm thinking I'll have enough yarn to make mine a bit longer.  This picture is after 6 repeats, and I've still got plenty of yarn left on the first ball.   I'm not quite sure how long I'm going to make it.  We'll see when we get there.  I'm not afraid to wing it.

I've discovered one thing about Jesse.  He's terrified of lights.  Any kind of light, even the flashlight app I had on my phone.

That includes the camera flash, which is why I haven't been able to get a decent picture of him lately.  He really is a sweetheart, though.  I've been leaving him out of the kennel at night, and he's done really well.   I think he must have been housebroken at one time.  I'm still afraid to let him outside off leash, especially after he wandered off that one time.  Then he thought I was chasing him and ran away.  But all I wanted was to get him back. 

He's really not as shy as he looks in that picture.  He was just dreading the flash.

OK,  here is your TMI warning....

TMI!!!!!  Girl Talk Ahead!!!!!
I'm back on the Provera again.  See, what was supposed to happen the first time I took it didn't happen.  It was supposed to stop the bleeding, then two weeks later, my periods were supposed to start again, and resume a normal schedule.  What really happened in my case was that the bleeding stopped for about a day.  Then, the next day, which was the day after I'd taken the last of the meds, it started again.  I called the Dr. and he said to give it a few more days and see if it would stop.  Monday afternoon, it looked like it was going to taper off, so when the Dr. (Actually it's his nurse I've been talking to) called to check on me, I said I wanted to give it one more day to see if it would stop.

But later that night, it really picked back up again.  I ended up going home from work at lunch Tuesday because there was just so much blood gushing out of me.  I mean, it's already hot in there, and you're sticky, and stinky, and miserable.  Then to have that kind of a gusher going on...add to that I hadn't slept the night before, because I kept having to get up and change pads.  I ended up soaking the sheets anyway, so when I did come home, I couldn't just lay down.  I had to wash sheets first.  But I tried to stick it out.  I just couldn't do it and ended up coming home at lunch. 

I'll tell you what I did do, though.  I went and bought some Depends underwear for people with incontinence problems.   Not the diaper kind.  I got the kind that's more like a Pull-Up.  That's what I wore last night, and though I still woke up several times, I didn't have to wash sheets or my nightgown again. 

One of the feminine products companies tried to market those for menstrual protection, but they didn't go over too well.  I think the problem was that they way overpriced them.  They were something like $25 for a 4 pack.  I paid $5 for a 6 pack of the Depends.  They worked. 

So I'm going to pray the Provera works this time.  Except for that one day, I've been bleeding non-stop since August 4th.  Seriously, I don't know how that woman in the Bible stood it for 12 years!  I have a whole new respect for her now.

If it doesn't work, we'll probably have to do a D & C, and I just don't want to go there.


Bag Blog said...

I'm glad you are healthy. Sausage-egg biscuits are my favorite too. I've thought about buying Depends for night use, too. Now I get up several times at night so that I won't overflow onto the sheets. Hopefully, you will get your blood issues worked out.

Becky said...

They really did work well. I was nervous the first time I used them, but the sheets stayed clean and dry.


Related Posts with Thumbnails