Monday, November 06, 2023

On Their Way

As of today, the latest crop of sailor hats are safely on their way to New Jersey and their intended recipients.  Well, as safe as they can be in the hands of the United States Postal Service, that is.  Now I can start on next year's batch.  

Since I was already in town, I ran by Walmart and redeemed enough Ibotta offers to unlock my free turkey, which I will pick up Friday when I go in to do my regular shopping.  Then I have to redeem 9 offers to get the sides, which shouldn't be too much of a problem.  The good thing is, once this is done, I won't have to buy groceries for like...a year. 

So, the cat really got me this morning.  See, she likes to go do her potty business out in the woods behind the house, which is totally fine with me.  The less I have to scoop the litter box, the better.  After her breakfast, I let her outside to do her business, then continued getting ready for work. 

Just before I left, I opened the back door, stepped out onto the porch, and began calling her to come in.  I kept looking behind the fence, expecting to see her running up, as I stood there at 5:30 calling, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!"  I never saw her come up, so I said, "I guess she'll have to just stay outside all day."  I turned around and stepped back into the house, where the kitty, kitty, kitty was standing there looking at me.  

And finally, 


Don't ask.  Even I don't know.  But since the Longhorns were the only one of my teams that won this weekend, Hooketh thine adversary!

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

That kitty!

This reminds me that I need to get cracking about the Thanksgiving menu. It will just be the three of us.