Sunday, November 05, 2023

Finished!

 And with this hat, I am done!


With this batch, that is.  I'm not done knitting hats -- not by a long shot.  But I have enough to get the shipment I've been working on all boxed up and ready to go.  The hats are currently in the washer, and the labels are printed and drying.  I'm going to try to get it into the mail tomorrow, even though I'll have to go to the post office after work.  For what it's worth, I looked up the address on Google Earth, and it appears to be a legitimate location. 

And that brings me to Thanksvember Fifth:  I am thankful for the opportunity to serve.  It may not seem like much to some, knitting hats, but it's my cup of cool water.  I won't go into all the whys and wherefores here, but if you want to know, do go back and read the post I linked above.  It may be an old post, but it's still just as relevant. 

I'd said I was going to take a break from knitting hats for a while and get some other stuff done, but last time I said that, it didn't last very long.  I mean, I've got lots of yarn, and lots of time...and nothing better to do with that time.  

In other news, something at the rest of the apple slices last night, so I went ahead and put some more out this afternoon.   The first two does that came up didn't eat them, but maybe the bucks will come later on and get them. 

In other other news, I noticed yesterday that my Whatever Cactus is loaded with buds.  

I'm stoked about that, because they (I have three of them) hardly bloomed at all last year.  I think I was overwatering them, so I seriously cut back after I repotted them all, and they're doing much better this time around.   I got lucky night before last, because my weather apps said it was only supposed to get down into the mid 40s, but when I got up, the thermometer I keep on my back porch said 35°.  But there was no frost on the grass, so I think all my outside plants will be OK.  

And finally, your history moment for today.


Remember, remember, the 5th of November,

Gunpowder, treason and plot.

I see no reason

Why gunpowder treason

Should ever be forgot.

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent

To blow up the King and the Parliament

Three score barrels of powder below

Poor old England to overthrow

By God's providence he was catch'd

With a dark lantern and burning match

Holler boys, holler boys, let the bells ring

Holler boys, holler boys

God save the King!

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

My Christmas cactus is blooming too! I've had it for maybe 3 years. No less than 2. I got it to bloom and it's gorgeous.

I had my "moment" about a year ago, when I came across something on Instagram and found a non-profit to knit/crochet for. It's Bundles for Babies. There's something about that type of charity that calls to me. I haven't done much in the way of donations this year. I hope to rectify that next year. I crocheted a blanket for my SIL and it KILLED my wrists.