Monday, June 26, 2023

That Was Exciting

Well, that was exciting. 

Yep, we had some storms roll though last night, and they kind of caught me by surprise.  

Oh, I'd seen the weather warnings and all, but the last few times we were under thunderstorm warnings, they went all around us, and we didn't get anything.  But that's what weather does to you.  It lulls you into a false sense of security, then

WHAM!!

It hits you like a ton of bricks. 

We didn't get much rain, but a lot of thunder and wind.  Even so, I was on my way to work this morning, looking around as I drove, and thinking there didn't seem to be that much damage.  

I turned onto Riverdale Road, still not seeing too much damage or anything, when up ahead I saw some debris in the road.

"Oh, there are some twigs and branches down....Whoa!  That's a whole tree!"  

I slammed on the brakes just in time to avoid hitting it.  Fortunately, it wasn't all the way across the road and I was able to ease my way around it and go on to work, but let's just say I didn't need my morning coffee to get myself awake after that. 

Also, there were foxes.  

For real.  Foxes.  I'd seen them last week darting across the road, but wasn't sure if they were foxes or cats.  This morning, I saw one in my headlights and it was definitely a red fox. 

Which, of course, brings to mind Le Petit Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.  Which is the whole reason I'm trying to learn French -- so I can read it in the original language.  

But I digress...

I spent all day long at work thinking I would need to come home and go find my trash can...not sure why, but there it is.  And when I got home, there my garbage can was, right where it was supposed to be.  

And me, I'm all ready for the next storm. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go practice my French. 

Laters

No comments: