Thursday, June 01, 2023

I Can't See



 Man, I'm so tired I can't even see. 

These were the words with which I greeted my coworker this morning.  And it was almost literally true.  I mean, I could see, but it was like having a layer of water over my eyes.  Everything was blurry and swimmy.  I felt a bit better after I was finally able to eat some lunch, but I was seriously dragging all day.  

I still am.  Even so, as tired as I am, I managed to get out and cut a few more bits of privet down.  FYI, if you have privet anywhere in your yard, stay on top of it.  It will get out of hand right quick. 

I know part of the reason I'm lacking energy is that I'm lacking sleep.  They keep changing our work hours.  Tuesday, we went in at 4:00.  Tuesday afternoon, Supervisor came around and said, "Come in at 6:00 in the morning."  So yesterday, we went in at 6:00.  Before we left, Supervisor sent word, "4:00 tomorrow!"  

Is it any wonder when you can't keep a regular sleep schedule?  

I told my friend, "If he comes around this evening and tells us to come in at 6:00 tomorrow, I'm going to need you to hold me back, because I'm about to lose my job."  She replied, "Somebody's going to have to hold me back, too!"  

He really needs to pick a time and stick with it, because he's killing his brazers. Fortunately, we're going in again at 4:00 tomorrow, so my job is not in danger -- for now. 

Well, I had a lot to talk about, but I'm still so tired I can't even see, so I think I'll just go take a hot shower, and settle in with some knitting.  

Laters. 

P.S. Happy first day of hurricane season and meteorological summer!


No comments: