Thursday, June 29, 2023

Insomnia

What do normal people do when they are beset by insomnia?

They read, or browse Facebook, or listen to music, or watch videos, or play games.

What do I do?

I research Henry V and the Battle of Agincourt.

What can I say?  Dorks gotta dork— even in the middle of the night.

Ok moving right along…Group Leader Shark came back from vacation yesterday.  She and her husband had gone on a cruise, and she brought us souvenirs.  


That was pretty cool, because I'm sure it cost her quite a bit to get us all something.  It says Cozumel, if you can't read it.  

And finally...

Hello Sahara, my old friend
Not nice to have you back again
I work all day and feel you stick to me
Because of this dadgum humidity!
And when I breathe, 
You clog my alveoli and fill up my lungs
With the sand of the desert.

Admit it, you sang it didn't you?  

Did you? 

Don't ask.  Even I don't know.  I've long since given up trying to find an explanation for such things.  

OK, I'll go sit down now...

'Bye.  

No comments: