Tuesday, June 27, 2023

OK, So…

I know I said I was going to take a break from blogging, but I had to tell you one more thing.

Yesterday, right before quitting time, we were all cleaning up and getting ready to go home, when the first aid lady walked through the department.

I don’t know what she was doing, or why she was even out on the shop floor with it being this hot. That’s one silver lining — the front office people tend to stay up in the front office in their air conditioning and leave us alone. 

Most of the time anyway. Heh, they even had a fan installed in that corner where they have their morning meetings.  I guess they can’t handle ten minutes in the kind of heat we work in for hours every day. 

So anyway, the first aid lady walked through and said, “You doing all right?” To which I replied, “Yep, I’m doing OK.” Then she asked, “Not too hot?”

I didn’t say a word. I just pointed to my thermometer.

Which said 92°.

First aid lady walked on mighty quickly.  But they did hand out Gatorade two days in a row.  So there is that…

Just so this post won't be a total waste of your time, here are my lantanas-- the ones I thought I'd lost in that hard freeze last winter. 


 And here is hat progress. 


 That's all for now. 

G'night folks. 

No comments: