Friday, May 13, 2022

I Was Right!

Remember yesterday when I said we'd only have three brazers out today?  Well, give me a cookie, because I was right!

The brazer who only shows up to work once a week decided today would be her day to show up to work.  We almost had a full house, but not quite. 

The even better news is, they got the air conditioning fixed.  It was shortly after lunch, and I was just a working and sweating away, when suddenly the air coming through my fan felt...well, it felt cool.   

"Hey!" I said to myself, "That air feels cool!" 

I walked over to where the other a/c unit blows -- over by Roger 'n' 'em, for those of you who work there -- and sure enough, it was blowing cold air!  One of the parts stagers looked over at me with the question written all over her face.  I gave her a double thumbs up, so she came over there by me, and we just stood for a few moments savoring the cold.  

After a bit, I went back over to my stand and announced, "The air is back on!"  One of my less bright coworkers said, "The air conditioner has been out? "  Yeah, for four days.  Where have you been?  

Funny thing, earlier that morning, I'd joked that the part they'd ordered was on a cargo ship off the coast of California, and another not too bright coworker said in all seriousness, "Oh, is that where it is?"  I guess she's oblivious to the supply chain issues plaguing the country.  So, yeah, that joke fell flat.

Even better better news, they've finally let us take off our masks!  More than a year after everyone else in the state, but yippee!  My face is free!  No more Beardy McBeardface!

By the way, that's my supervisor, the man there with the bull horn.  Make of that what you will...

No comments: