Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Back To Work

 Well, that weekend went by way too short.  

I'm telling you, when that alarm went off at 2:45 this morning, I could have cried. I seriously thought about calling in and taking another day off, but if I'd done that, I'd have lost my holiday pay.  So, up I got and off to work I trudged.  

Where I spent the entire day whining that I wanted to come home.  

Sunday morning, I woke up with one heck of a headache.  Sinus pressure, stuffy nose, the works.  And I couldn't get warm, no matter how much hot coffee I drank, or how many blankets I put on my lap.  I finally got up and took my temperature.  

100.4

Dang!  No wonder I couldn't get warm.  I took some Tylenol, and settled in to take it easy for the rest of the day.  By evening, my fever was gone, and I felt a lot better.  I briefly considered using one of my taxpayer funded COVID tests, but since my fever broke so quickly, I decided it couldn't have been the 'rona.  Just a normal for this time of year sinus thingy. 

Other than that, my biggest excitement for the weekend came, as usual, courtesy of this creature right here.


Oh, what did she do this time?  Well, I'll tell you.  She brought a live chipmunk into my house and let it go!  Sigh...I spent two days trying to catch the thing.  I finally set out my live trap, and finally succeeded. 


You would be proud of me.  I didn't kill it.  He was just so little, I didn't have the heart to.  I carried the trap way out into the woods and released him -- hopefully far enough away he won't find his way back to the house. 

The bad news is, the plumber still hasn't come back to fix my sewer line.  I know he said he was swamped, but it's been nearly a week, and he hasn't shown back up.  I'm going to give him a few more days, then I guess I'll try to get someone else out -- if I can find someone else.  I swan, I'm running out of options here.

More bad news.  They changed the date of Fiber Fun In The 'Sip.  I'm going to have to go see if I can rearrange some of my vacation days to get that weekend off, now.  Then see if I can get a hotel booked, and the dog booked into his hotel, aka, the vet.  It's been three years since I've hung out with my friends, and 4 years since all of us were able to go, since Amy couldn't come in '19.  I was so looking forward to seeing them again.   My supervisor is good about pretty much giving us whatever days we want, too, so here's hoping.   

Finally, I know you're probably tired of hearing me go on about that show The Chosen, but you're just going to have to live with it.  It's too good of a show not to talk about incessantly.  Anyway, I was poking around on  YouTube, and ran across this video.  Watch it.  All the way to the end.  


No comments: