Sunday, August 16, 2020

Random Thoughts Of A Sunday Evening.

 1.  I had a long weekend this weekend.  And by long weekend, I meant what would be a normal weekend for everyone else.  And what did I do on my long weekend?  Well, I slept past 3:30 for starters.  And it felt wonderful.  But it's all over now.  Back to getting up at 3:30.

2.  Apparently, I'm not the only one who doesn't want to go to work, because they're having to bribe people to come in.


3.  It makes me wonder if they'll ever figure out that the way to get people to come to work is to make your work place somewhere people would want to come to.  That place isn't.  I hate that job.  Everybody I know hates that job.  One of these days, I'm going to decide I'm fed up enough, and I'm just going to quit.  

4.  I was out mowing yesterday, when I saw this:  

It isn't one of mine.  I saw it coming out of one of the chipmunk holes.  I hope it likes eating them, because I'm about sick of them tearing up my yard.  I wonder how many are out there, because I've already killed 5.  

5.  I've been so depressed and discouraged about the crap going on at work, I bought me a new piano book.  I said I wasn't going to get any more, but here it is...



6.  After having done it for 25 years, the Big Man Up Front has decided it's not safe for us to be eating lunch in our work areas due to the coronavirus.  It's much safer to cram us all into that dinky little break room.  Yeah, that makes so much more sense. 

7.  I guess I need to break down and find me a feller.  But you can't get very far on those dating sites if you put that you're just looking for someone to pay your bills and stay out of your life otherwise. 

8.  I'd gotten with a local contractor to paint and hang shutters on the front of my house.  That was a month ago.  I guess he's blown me off, because he's on Facebook accepting other jobs, when he hasn't even done the one I hired him for.  Are there any honest contractors in this town?  Because I'm getting tired of getting blown off, or ripped off.  

9.  All you men out there who own your own businesses, whether it be lawn care, auto mechanic, contracting, plumbing, or whatever, just remember this, your daughters are watching you. You are teaching them that the way you treat female clients is how they can expect to be treated by the men in their future. So, before you laugh about how you ripped off that woman who needed her house painted, or that you gave her a quote for a small job that is three times what you would a male client because "she's just a dumb female and won't know any better", or charge her for an auto repair that you didn't even do, or just not even bother to show up to give her a quote on cutting her grass, think to yourself, "Would I want someone treating MY daughter this way?"  Because you are teaching them what is acceptable behavior towards them.  

10.  I was going to tell you all about the flying trip Cody and I took to Texas last month, then I realized there wasn't all that much to tell.  All I did was take pictures of bridges.  While Cody drove.   Eh, I'll tell you about it another day. 

11.  Right now, I'm going to bed.  


No comments: