Thursday, August 06, 2020

Mystery Solved

It would seem the mystery of the vegetables has been solved.  I'm told some of the churches here in town -- including mine -- have been giving out those boxes out to people in the community.  I reckon that's where my box came from.  Apparently, God is trying to tell me to eat better.

God may be on to something there...

Heh, a few weeks ago, I decided I was going to do better.  I was going to eat healthier.  I went to the store and bought me a little bag of salad greens, some fruit, some infused water and V-8...then came home from work and ate ice cream straight out of the carton.  

Sigh....

That all being said, as soon as I got home from work, I ripped open the package of tomatoes and had me a sandwich.  Then I had another one.  Contented sigh...

I've got to figure out what to do with all the rest of it.  I'm thinking I might use some of the potatoes and onions and make soup.  I don't have a recipe.  I'm just going to make it up as I go.  Hmmm, maybe I should get some ham to add into it.  That would be delicious.  I feel kind of bad because I do not like iceberg lettuce at all.  Would it seem ungrateful if I shared it with the wild rabbits that live behind my house?  

I finally got a picture, albeit not a very good one, of my fawn.  
This is still the only fawn I've seen this year.  I'm pretty sure my older doe didn't survive the winter.  She was pretty old to begin with, and was so very thin last year that I don't see how she could have lived through not only the winter, but also another pregnancy.  

And finally, another where has this song been all my life moment.








No comments: