Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Dropping Like Flies

They're dropping like flies out at work, I'm telling you.  Dropping like flies, they are.

This morning, my supervisor told us they put the second shift production manager into quarantine last night, so there aren't any of them left.  Then today, they one of the assembly line group leaders test results came back, so a whole bunch of other group leaders got quarantined. 

Like I said yesterday, it's going to be an interesting few weeks.  

Now for the bad news... Stalker was back at work yesterday.  I knew before I even got inside.  He sits out on some picnic tables in the outdoor break area and waits for me to get there.  When I drive into the parking lot, he's like...


I seriously feel the need to look up the guy I had the huge crush on when I was 13 and apologize to him.  Over and over and over again...

It got even worse, as well.  The brazer who works right beside me left at lunch, and Stalker fell all over himself to move down to her stand.  He didn't just walk casually over and set up there, he practically bounded over.  And just stared.  And stared.  And stared.  Sigh...

Every time I had to do something on my table...


If I had to check my schedule...


If I turned to pick up my pen...


Getting parts out of my bin...


All afternoon long...


That day didn't end soon enough for me!  I told the brazer who normally works on that stand what Stalker had done, and she said, "I'm joining you in your disgust for him.  He gets on my [unwholesome word] nerves!"

In other news, over the weekend, I discovered a couple of pretty large lumps on Rylea.  Fortunately, the vet's office is back open after their COVID outbreak, so after work today, we took a little trip.  She wasn't happy.  


But it turned out OK after all.  The lumps were fatty tumors, or lipomas, which are totally benign.  The vet said he would rather just monitor them at this point to make sure they aren't growing or anything.  Given her age -- she is 13, after all-- it would be very risky to put her under general anesthesia.  

And finally, who had zombie cicadas on their 2020 Bingo cards?  

Anyone?  



*That's not really Stalker.  It's just a meme I found online.  

No comments: