Monday, August 24, 2020

Fizzled

Looks like we got a little bit of a break weatherwise, as it seems Marco has fizzled.  He's made landfall as barely a tropical storm, but is still causing flooding along the coast.  

However, Laura still presents a bit of a threat.  Quite a bit of a threat, as a matter of fact.


She is expected to strengthen into a category 2 hurricane before making landfall.  As of right now, we're still in the cone, even though she'll probably be weakened back to a tropical storm before she gets here.  

Hard to say for sure, as she seems to be dancing a jig over Cuba.  I do hope we get some rain from her.  It's been so dry here lately that my grass is dying.  On the bright side, that means I haven't had to mow as much.  

By the way, if any of my friends down south need a place to evacuate to, my door is open to you and to your pets.  We might end up having a dog fight or two, but we'll get through it.  Also, I have plenty of clean, unused disposable masks if you need one.  I won't shame you or call you a sheep for wearing one, as some people will.  Nor will I shame you for not wearing one.  It's your choice, and I'll respect whichever one you make. 

While we're on the subject, remember back on August 3 when all those people at work had been diagnosed with COVID?  They're all back, except for one.  I mentioned to my coworker, "I'm getting really concerned about Other Boss."  She said, "They said he's not doing well, nor his wife, either."  

"His wife has the COVID, too?"  I said.  "Yep," my coworker said, "and neither one of them are doing well."  So, if you wouldn't mind, lift them up in your prayers, please.  I've already lost two coworkers and an old friend to this horrible virus that some of you still insist is fake.  I don't want to lose anyone else.

My supervisor likes to start the day by calling, "HEY TUBING!  Hoo -de -hoo!" and we all call "Hoo - de - hoo!" back.  However, here lately, we've just been saying, "May the odds be ever in your favor."  

I think that's going to be my motto for the rest of the year...








No comments: