Saturday, September 14, 2019

Shine On

Shine on, Harvest Moon.


It's been a family tradition since I was a child to go out and watch the Harvest Moon rise.  Well, my dad and I would, at least.  When Cody was little, we continued the tradition as best we could.  After watching the moon rise, we'd come back in and drink hot chocolate and eat Harvest Moon cookies -- which were just large, round sugar cookies.

Last night, I kept that tradition alive, except for the cookies.  I watched the moon rise until it cleared the trees, then came in and drank hot chocolate, even though it's still getting up into the 90s.

It doesn't look like it's going to get any better any time soon, either.


Not only that, they keep taking the rain out of our forecast.

Since it was too hot to do anything outside, I stayed in where it was cool and just piddled around the house.  The big thing was I bought a hat rack and hung my Yes.Fit medals up.


I put them into the snake/craft/computer room for now.  They just didn't seem to fit anywhere else.  At least they're up off my bedroom dresser.

Look at this:


The hat is almost back to where it was before I ripped it back.  I should be able to get it finished during the Texas vs Rice game this evening, and can send them all off to my friend Monday.

Well, that's about it.  It really was a lazy Saturday, so there isn't much to talk about.   Unless you want to hear about laundry and college football, because that's about all I've done.

Speaking of, it's almost time for Texas to kick off, so I'll catch you later.

Hook 'em.





No comments: