Saturday, September 05, 2026

Football Is Back!

Football is back baby!  And yes, I had the multi-screen thing going for at least part of the time, and I'll set it back up once I'm done with this post. 


Texas and Navy both won.  LSU is in a lightning delay, and I've got Little Brother on the tablet.  I'll put Mississippi State on the computer once I'm done.  Alas, it is still way too hot to even think about putting out Fall decorations, but I did put my wreath on the front door. 


That's all, though.  I might get them out and put them up during the week.  Or I might not.  I don't know.  Depends on if it gets cool enough for me to be in the mood.  I'm not holding my breath on that one.  It got up to 103° on my thermometer, but I did manage to get the front and side yards mowed before the heat advisory took effect.  I was still drenched in sweat and suffering heat exhaustion, but I got 'er done.  In the morning, I'll go spread my fire ant granules, but other than that, I'm going to sit inside in the air conditioning and complain about the heat.  

You know, my usual.  At least they finally got some air conditioning in the plant.  I guess they had to since they are moving the lines back up to the front.  These young folks coming up aren't going to work in a plant were it's 99° in the summer!

They've put this new water dispenser thing up in the break areas, too.  It's pretty cool.  You can mix and match up to three flavors, plus two additives such as electrolytes and vitamins.  You can choose between hot or cold water, and still or fizzy water.  I'm still figuring it all out.  I tried one flavor called Autumn Sky, but didn't like that one.  The coconut was pretty good.  When we get back, I want to see if they have lime, so I can put the lime in the coconut and then I'll drink it down...

OK, I'll stop now.  

Oh, and I keep forgetting to tell you my Stalker is back to driving a truck these days.  Is it wrong that my first thought when I found out was, "I'll bet he's hit every lot lizard in the country!"  

Now, I'll really stop.  Back to your regularly scheduled blog post. 

I didn't even do anything in the garden today, other than fill up the drip bottles.  Well, I put together my three new raised beds, but I did that inside, in the air conditioning then I toted them outside and put them into place. 


I had these on my list, but hadn't planned on getting them until my wooden planters had rotted beyond usability.  I was going to put my mint into them.  But a week or so ago, Amazon had them on sale for only $35 for the set of three, so I gave in and got some.  I'll probably end up getting some more later on down the line, too.  

This isn't their final location, but it's pretty close to where I'm going to put them.  I still need to level the ground a bit, which I'll try to do in the cool of the morning this week.    


I'm thinking I'm going to move my rosemary into one, and put my lemon balm into one.  If I can find a pineapple sage, I'll put it into the third one.  I used to have a pineapple sage, but at the time, I didn't realize it was a perennial.  After the first frost killed it back, I pulled it up and put it into the compost like a dummy.  And I haven't found one since.  

I'd gotten the first one at Walmart, and have looked every year, both there and at Lowe's.  No dice.  Oh well, maybe one will show up.  I've still got that broad leaf sage, but I might pull it out.  It smells like feet to me.  I don't see how people want to eat that stuff.  

And finally, I made it up to the Farmer's Market on the square this morning, but left without buying anything.  I was hoping to get some muscadines, but those people weren't even there today.  That's the chance you take when you wait until the last market of the season, I guess.  I really wanted the seeds so I could start my own vines.  I've read that muscadine seeds are very difficult to get to germinate, but I'm taking that as a challenge.  

Hmmm, off to google where to buy them...

Laters.

No comments: