Sunday, December 18, 2022

For Real This Time

I'm finally done with my Christmas shopping, and for real this time.  

I've been having a heck of a time finding my nephew a Steam gift card, which is what he asked for.  I'd already checked Walmart, when one of my friends suggested I look at Game Stop.  I checked there, and they only had $100 cards.  Yeah, that's not going to happen.  

I tried to send him one through the Steam website, but apparently I have to spend money on my own account to be able to even add him as a friend -- if my sister in law had even sent me his user name, which she didn't.  She's busy, she says.  

Amazon had plenty of gift cards, only the sellers there were wanting way more than face value, and by that, I mean, they were charging $40 for a $25 card.  Yeah, that's not going to happen, either.  

After much searching and hair-pulling-out, I finally found some on Best Buy that I could ship directly to his house.  Unfortunately, they didn't offer an option to include a message with the card.  I'll just have to message him that it's from me.  

Now for your Holiday Homestead Share #18 -- Winter boots

This one was tricky, as I don't actually have any winter boots.  There isn't really any need for them down here in the South, as it only snows maybe once a year.  The only boots I have are some rubber boots that need to be replaced, and my work boots, which aren't all that wintery.  So, what you're getting are these, my boot style house shoes. 

And yes, they are as soft and squishy and warm as they look.  

In other news, the cat says, "I'm ready to sing Christmas carols!  Get over here and play this thing!"



Speaking of playing, it doesn't look like you're going to get a Christmas concert this year.  I'd planned on recording some songs for you, but I've gotten so stressed over getting them right, I'm not enjoying playing.  I might just record the ones I've been practicing, even though there might be an oops or two in there. 

I kind of feel like my progress on learning to play has ground to a halt.  A lot of that has to do with the fact that in a way, I completely started over when I went back to do the two Schaum books, but I'm finished with those now.  After Christmas, I'll be moving forward again in my Michael Aaron course books and my Alfred's All In One Adult piano course.  I hope to be providing you with regular updates soon.  Especially now that I've bought that vlogging stand.  

And finally, tonight is the first night of Hanukkah, so Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish friends -- which I'm not, but I still get ridiculously excited about it.  


By the way, I'm never really sure.  Apologies I've spelled it wrong!


No comments: