Friday, December 16, 2022

All Done

 And just like that, I am all done with my Christmas shopping....well, almost.   My nephew Joshua wants some money for his Steam account, so I was going to pick him up a gift card at Walmart, only they didn't have any.   I briefly considered driving up to Batesville to see if they had any, but by the time I got home and got the groceries unloaded, I remembered something.  

I have a Steam account.  

I'd opened it several years ago when a friend recommended I play Skyrim.  I found it on sale one day and bought it, only I never could get the stupid thing to work right.  Even with Cody talking me through it, I couldn't control the characters.  

The guy was supposed to jump out of a window or something, and Cody was over there telling me which keys on my computer to push, and I was pushing them, but the character wouldn't jump.  I tried several times, and eventually gave up in frustration.  

Sometime later, the friend who'd recommended the game said, "I know you didn't like it, but..."  No, it's not that I didn't like it.  I didn't know if I would like it or not, because I never even got to play it.  The stupid thing never worked right.  

Anyway, all that to say, I remembered I have a Steam account, so now I'm just waiting on my sister in law to tell me my nephew's user name, and I'll be able to send the money straight to his account.  

Other than that, I'm done.  Cody's last gift is supposed to arrive tomorrow, and my brother and sister in law's gift is supposed to arrive at their house Monday, and everything else has already been delivered.  

I might go up to Batesville tomorrow anyway, to see if the Walmart up there has any gingerbread house kits.  I mean, the kind I wanted to get.  The local WM had some left, but they were either a whole village, or pre-built houses, or a little dog house.  I started to get that one, but changed my mind and didn't.    I decided I'd get some cookie icing and try my hand at decorated cookies instead.  


I've got tons of cookie cutters.  I ought to make use of them from time to time.   


And now for today's Holiday Homestead Share topic #16:  Christmas sweater.

I only have one, and here it is.


Cody gave it to me for Christmas in 2016, when I mentioned all my Christmas t-shirts were getting worn out.  I might actually be able to wear it this year, since look at our forecast!


And finally, in honor of Beethoven's 252nd birthday:


No comments: