Monday, July 11, 2022

Problem Solved!

I guess submitting those MTOs at work -- well, worked!   See what they did?


Yes, they taped up the sink!  I feel so much better about life now.  And the universe.  And everything. 

Extra points if you get that reference. 

OK, moving right along...

Look at this!  I've gotten almost everything marked off of my to-do list, except calling the plumber, of course.  


I got busy this weekend and got all of the snake tanks cleaned except Slider's.  He's my ball python.  I'd fed him last week, and since his meal is so very large, I decided to give him one more week to digest his rat before I disturbed him.  I'll clean his tank next weekend, and they'll all be good to go for a while.  

I'll admit I kind of cheated when I crossed off "Clean Cody's room", because while technically true, all I did was shove all the stuff I'd dragged out of his closet into the snake/craft room until I can sort through it.  But hey!  It's not in Cody's bedroom floor any more, so I'm counting it.  As cleaning, I mean.  After all, isn't that what cleaning is?  Moving junk from one spot to another?  

In the midst of doing all that -- plus normal household chores (except mowing; it was hot and I didn't want to) -- I still managed to get most of a hat knit.


I'm about to start the crown decreases, and I'm thinking I might send this one to my Australian pen pal.  Out of all the pen pals I had, she's the only one who still writes semi-regularly.  I guess everyone else is too busy.  Anyway, I've been wanting to send her a hat for a while now, so I may just surprise her with this one.  

In other news, last week, I ordered some new devotional books, which arrived today.  


I'd already bought the Bible study books based on the episodes, but these are more of a daily devotion thing.  I'd gotten one from Walmart a while back called Grace For Today, but I never really got into it.  I'm not sure why, but it may have had something to do with the authors comparing seeking counseling to becoming an alcoholic or drug addict.  To cope with the difficulties of life, I mean.  That just didn't set well with me.  

We need to end the stigma regarding mental health, which is especially bad in the Christian community.  People need to understand that yes, you can love Jesus, and still be depressed, or be struggling with coping.  It doesn't mean you lack faith, or you don't truly believe.  I mean, would you say that about someone who got cancer?  Or had a heart attack?  Would you say, "If you were truly a Christian this wouldn't have happened because God would just take that tumor right out of you."?  Then why say it about invisible wounds?  

But I digress....

I'm really excited about starting these devotional books, because I have a feeling this one will be different. Why do I say that?  

Because of this:


I'm going to keep these by my chair, and read them as soon as I get home from work.  And I'm going to start as soon as I publish this post.  

The shop also had the set of five wristbands on sale 60% off, so I got a set of them, too. 


And, of course, every time you order, they send you a new Come And See sticker.  I need to figure out where to stick them.  I've already got one on my car, if you can see it under all the Sahara Dust. 


Why yes, yes I do need to wash my car.  I'll just add it to the list...

And finally, all these things that fell over are starting to grow upwards again.  


It appears they are Cosmos, just as I suspected. 


Now if you'll excuse me, my piano is calling and I must go. 

Laters

No comments: