Monday, January 03, 2022

I'm Back

 Just a quick post to let you know we got back safely yesterday evening.  It was a good trip, and a really nice service.  I'll tell you more about it over the next few days.  I will tell you one thing, though --  it was good to sleep in my own bed again.  Cody, Brennan, and I stayed in James' camper, and even though it's a very nice camper, it's still a camper.  Every time one of us would roll over, the whole camper shook.  Every time someone got up to go to the bathroom, we all knew it.  

But it was nice being in the camper and being able to get away from the noise and chaos of a house full of kids.  Brennan, being  is a bit on the shy side, got fairly overwhelmed when all the cousins started showing up, so she and Cody spent a good deal of time out there watching TV.  They only got two channels and were stuck watching shows like Married At First Sight and such.  Then I showed them where I'd hidden the leftover banana pudding (from the family meal after the funeral), and as you know, nanner puddin makes everything better.  It wasn't until yesterday morning, as we were leaving to come home, I told James, "Oh, by the way, don't forget the banana pudding out in the camper refrigerator."  

The drive back from Texas was largely uneventful, even though we drove through rain for about the last 3 hours, and arrived to find it snowing ---well, mostly sleeting.  We got a few tiny, dry flakes of snow, but it was mostly sleet.  Everywhere else in MS got snow.  Everywhere in TN got snow.  Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas got snow.  Everywhere in the entire flipping country got snow, but not me.  What did I get?  Sleet.  Always with the sleet.  

Today, I've been busy today taking down Christmas, so I'll tell you more about my trip over the next few days, but for now, I wanted to share this photo of Cody and Brennan at the beach.  


I'll tell you more about that later.  But for now, I'm going to relax and watch Tiny Food Fight on Food Network.  If you've never seen that, I highly recommend it.  

No comments: