Saturday, December 02, 2017

Saturday Stuff

I volunteered to go into work this morning at 4:00 to clean up.  Because I'm broke.  And I want to retire sometime before I'm 90. 

So, I got up at 2:45 AM, got dressed, and headed to the plant to start cleaning.  I swept.  I dusted.  I scrubbed and scraped greasy dirt off machines.  I cleaned until I thought my arms were going to fall off.   "Whew!" I said.  "That's a good morning's work.  It ought to be getting close to lunch time by now."  I walked over and looked at the clock. 

4:17. 

I laid down in the floor and died right then.

I'm telling you, people who clean for a living definitely earn their money.  That was the hardest work I've done in a long time.  Some of those machines hadn't been cleaned in years.  We scraped the oily dirt off, and one of my coworkers said, "I didn't know this machine was that color!"  It was that dirty.  It's a lot cleaner now.  I just hope I can move my arms tomorrow. 

We got off at noon, and I thought that would be early enough for me to get my outside lights put up.  When I got home, I said, "Nope.  Ain't happening."  The only thing I did was to finish putting out the rest of my inside stuff. 

I made these little stockings when I was about 12-ish.  Or 13-ish.  Somewhere in there.  They were some of those pre-printed fabric things that all you had to do was sew them together. 


I saw them in the store and simply had to have them.  I sewed them up, then gave them to my Mammaw for her Christmas present that year.  I got them back when she passed away, and have hung them up every year since I got my own house. 

I got rid of the huge wreath I used to hang there.  It was just too big for that spot.  The one I put up this year is a pre-lit, but the lights no longer work.  That's why it has a cord hanging.  I'm going to cut it off.  I just haven't done it yet.

I hung up Santa and the Elves, 


and Cody and my stockings, and that's all I'm doing for this year.



Finally, the Instant Pot is out of the box!  I still haven't used it for anything, but hey, it's progress. 

Baby steps, you know...


No comments: