Friday, December 15, 2017

Hallelujah!!

There I was at work, just a working away on my very last working day of the year, when Supervisor called a meeting.  Seems the new Boss Hoss of the plant had gotten enough negative feedback about the new alternate schedule that they've decided not to implement it at this time! 

The mood of the entire plant instantly lifted.  Everyone was cheering.  And dancing.  And singing.  And we were all just so happy.  Someone I don't even know was dancing across the parking lot singing, "Hallelujah!  Hallelujah!"  over and over again.  Another coworker told me, "I don't even have small kids, but I hated this new schedule."   Even before Supervisor made the announcement, there was talk.  "They had a letter..."  "For real???"  "Yes!" 

They say they're going to wait a few weeks and re-evaluate the employees' needs, but hopefully, they'll scrap the whole plan. 

The other good news is, we got our incentive bonus today, so I was able to order Cody's main Christmas present.  It's supposed to get here before I leave for Texas, so here's hoping they don't delay it.  I want to pick him up a few more things, but it's like pulling teeth to get him to tell me what he wants.  I had him make out an Amazon wish list, and it's all guitar stuff.  I have no idea what any of it is, so I closed my eyes and picked something. 

Speaking of gifts, do not ever ever ever buy from a website called TeeChip.  It's one of those places where you can design and sell t-shirts, mugs, and the like.  After Harvey hit, they had some stuff on there -- all proceeds donated to Harvey relief -- so naturally I ordered a few things.  I'd thought I'd give them as Christmas gifts. 

One of the things I'd ordered was a mug.  The image on it was supposed to look something like this:


However, when the mug arrived, the blue field and the entirety of West Texas was missing. 


I contacted customer service, explained the problem, and included a photo of the defective mug.  "Great news," they said.  "We've authorized a reprint."  When the replacement mug arrived, it looked just like the first one.


I contacted customer service again, and guess what!  They authorized another reprint!  They sent me another mug! 


Yes, another defective mug.  Sigh...

I contacted customer service again, and told them at this point, I just wanted my money back.  They soon responded again, and told me they aren't set up to give refunds, but they could give me another reprint.  Oh boy!  I can get another defective mug!  No, thanks. 

I'm wondering why they couldn't give refunds.  They can take my money, why can't they give it back?  Anyway, don't ever shop from that site.  You will get ripped off.

TeeChip.

Remember the name.   And avoid them like the plague. 


No comments: