Friday, August 25, 2017

More Than One Post

This has been a very busy week, and I've got a lot to catch up on.  I've got so much to catch up on that it's going to take more than one post to do it all. 

It all started Sunday after work, when I drove up to Missouri to watch the eclipse and meet my friend Peggy.  Let me tell you, if you ever have a chance to see a total eclipse (Hint:  April 8, 2024), you really should.  But that will need a whole post unto itself.

It got me thinking, though.  Once I get these debts paid off, I want to take more of these little one or two day trips.  I don't think I could handle being gone a week at a time, but a couple of days ought not tax me too much. 

Except for that whole leaving the house thing, which I'm still not too keen on. 

Anyway, while I was still in MO, I got a text from Cody.  He was coming back to MS for a friend's funeral and wanted to stay at the house Wednesday night.  While he was there, we got to chatting about how many hours I'm working and stuff.  I mentioned that if my grass got any taller in my back yard, I'm going to need a Sherpa to find my way around. 

Cody said, "You got any gas in your mower?"

Thus, my son mowed my back yard for me.


He offered to do the weedeating, too, but I'd already been entertaining his friend Seth (who also came for the funeral) for the whole time he was mowing, and I was both pooped and peopled out. 

I'd cautioned them that I get up insanely early, so I went to bed around 8:00.  The guys were really quiet, but every time they moved, Jesse started barking.  He's the one that kept me awake.  Butt head. 

Thursday was the funeral, after which Cody and Seth stopped back by the house for a bit, then they drove on to Jackson.  Cody went back to Texas today, racing Harvey the whole way.  He got home just as the first rain bands reached town.

Speaking of Harvey, LSU has adopted a juvenile tiger from a rescue facility.  His name was Harvey.  After a period of quarantine and acclimation, he was officially christened Mike VII.  They announced it Monday.  I'm not sure which I was more excited about, Mike or the eclipse.  

Anyway, that's a quick rundown of my week.  I'll do an entire post about the eclipse and Peggy soon. 



No comments: