Thursday, August 17, 2017

Hi Honey!


I'm home!

Well, so to speak.  I'd said I didn't want my blog to become nothing but complaining about work, but when one works 7 days a week, there's not much else to talk about.  I did want to pop in and let you know I'm still breathing. 

Today, a coworker came up to me and said, "I saw you yesterday.  You were mowing your yard." He went on to explain that he'd bought a car from my next door neighbor, and he'd seen me mowing while he was there.  He said, "You were sweating!" 

I told him, "You could have stopped and offered to finish for me."  He replied, "Yeah, but it was hot." 

I countered with, "Yeah, but I would have paid you."  That changed his tune really quickly.  "Let me know next time." 

Speaking of honey, this little guy hitched a ride to work with me this morning.  



I thought sure that once I got out onto the highway, the wind would knock him off, but he hung on like a trooper.  I hope he managed to find his way home.  It's not that far from the plant to my house as the crow flies, so maybe he did. 

All this week, I've been feeling kind of puny.  I had the epizoodies, as we say in the South.  Nothing serious, just a little stomach bug.  But it was enough that I left work early... or on time, as most people would say.  I'm telling you, it has felt so good having those extra two hours in the evening at home.  I've been able to get stuff done -- like mowing, laundry, and dishes-- and I have so much extra energy, that I'm seriously considering not staying over any more.

Aaaaand then I get another bill. 

Yep, won't quit the overtime just yet.  Oh, they'll make me pretty soon, but for now, I'll keep working all the hours I can get. 




No comments: