Monday, February 19, 2024

One Nice Thing

One nice thing about working Saturday was not having to listen to that weird music they’ve been playing. This morning was not so nice.   

You guessed it.  As soon as employees started arriving, they put that music on.  Someone got on the loudspeaker and said, "Your call is important to us.  Please continue to hold and an operator will be with you shortly."  I guess you had to be there, but it was hilarious because it does sound like that music you play when you're on hold. 

They started playing it again at the end of the day, and the same guy said the same thing, so they switched to a different song.  It wasn't any better.  I'll be glad when they switch to silence.  Or at least something worth listening to, like Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, or Rachmaninoff.  

Oh, that reminds me.  I think I'm going to start a new blog feature -- My Daily Earworm.  I actually thought about it Saturday, but I forgot to post.  Saturday's earworm was March of The Toy Soldiers from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite.  Today's earworm was Beethoven's Ninth Symphony Fourth Movement.  

Moving right along, I have good news and bad news about the car.  The good news is it isn't my brake lines that are leaking.  It's a shock  -- and I mean an automotive shock, not an "EEK!" shock -- so that was a bit of a relief.  The bad news is it's going to be expensive to replace, but it always is when you go to a dealer.  Shadetree mechanics may be cheaper, but they -- at least the ones around here -- prey on single women.  There aren't any I feel I can trust, so I go with the dealership.  They had to order the part, and will call me when it comes in.  When it does, I'm going to see if they can come pick the car up at the plant so I don't have to miss a day of work.  That's a new service they offer nowadays.  Or I may just call in and use an emergency vacation day and let them come pick it up from my house.  I haven't decided yet. 

I was in and out pretty quickly -- so quickly that this is all I got done on my hat.  


Meanwhile, I'm making progress on my emotional support chicken. 


I don't think I'll be making too many of these.  They aren't difficult, but the gauge is so tight it makes my hands get sore pretty quickly.  I mean, the gauge has to be tight to keep the filling from falling out, but still...

And finally,  it would seem spring allergy season is upon us.  I woke up this morning with a raging headache and sinuses that felt like they were going to explode.  Then I got bummed, because I opened my WebMD app to check the pollen levels only to discover they'd discontinued the allergy tracker.  I re-downloaded the Zyrtec allergy tracker for the time being, but it's not one of my favorites, so now I'm looking for one I like better.  

There are several in the app store to choose from.  I just need to find the one I like best. 

No comments: