Sunday, February 18, 2024

All Ready

Nobody told me there'd be crochet!  

In this emotional support chicken I'm using, they didn't tell me there'd be crochet!  

OK, full disclosure, I didn't have to use crochet to sew the two tail pieces together, but I thought it would look better than a whip stitch seam, since the pattern said it's going to be visible on the outside of the piece. 

Still, I hope that will be all the crochet, because that little bit reminded me why I dislike it so.  And with the crochet out of the way, the rest of the chicken is moving right along. 

I know it doesn't look much like a chicken now, but it will.  Those six pointy bits will all be sewn together to make three tail feathers.  What I'm working on now is the back.  

In the midst of all that, I cast on a hat to take with me to the mechanic shop tomorrow.

Then I went out and cleaned out my car.  It wasn't that bad, but the floorboards needed a good vacuuming, and the trash bag needed emptying.  So, I'm all ready for them to look at it now that I don't look like a total slob.  Not that they'd much care, but I do.  

I have a wee bit of a confession.  I always a touch paranoid that I'll get all the way up there and they won't find anything wrong with it, so they'll think I'm crazy.  But if there's nothing wrong, why do I keep getting a puddle in my carport?  Granted, it's not very big, but still, I want to get a handle on it before it becomes something serious. 

Oh, and I finished another noxious chore this morning.  I did my taxes.  Ugh, but it looks like I'm going to get $864 back, between state and federal.  With that in mind, I went a head and ordered a mini greenhouse with the heat mat and grow lights.  I think I'm going to clean off a spot on the kitchen cabinet to put it, since I finally gave up on building my gingerbread house and put it into the pantry for next Christmas.  

It may be a little stale, but I still should be able to build it, right?  And that's the fun of them, isn't it?  

Heck, I may get a wild hair and build it in July.  You never know...

No comments: