Sunday, February 25, 2024

Knitting And The Bard

I am almost done with my emotional support chicken.  I finished knitting the last piece this afternoon.  


It's going to have to wait a minute before I sew it up and stuff it, though.  I looked through my button box and tried to find some that would work for eyes, but none of them looked quite right, so I'm going to have to order some safety eyes -- unless I drive up to Southaven or back down to Jackson again, which I don't really want to do.  Not for a minute, anyway.  I can only do so many things before I need a break from thing doing. 

In the meantime, I'm still working on hats, 


and I'm still adding a few rows to this scarf here and there. 

In other news, it was a gorgeous day -- sunny and warm, but not too hot.  I was able to open my doors and windows and let some fresh air into the house.  The spring-like weather has made me anxious to get out and plant a garden of some sort, but I know it's still too early for that.  We've had frost as late as mid-April, so I usually wait until then to plant stuff outside.  I asked Cody and Brennan if there was anything in particular they wanted me to add to my herb garden, and they gave me a few ideas.  Even if everything I planted last year survived the freeze, I've got three empty spots, so I can accommodate at least some of their requests. 

I'm actually kind of wanting to get another one.  Raised planter, I mean.  Don't know what I'm going to put into it, but I've had so much fun with the one I have, I want to do more of it.  Maybe I can put flowers into that one. 

Speaking of,  I've probably checked my mini greenhouse about 500 times since Friday, even though I know good and well nothing will have germinated this soon.  But as soon as something shows its little green head, I will certainly let you know.  

And finally, I finished reading Love's Labor's Lost, by The Bard.  Quite frankly, I isn't one of my favorites.  I didn't find a whole lot of videos of the play on YouTube, but I did find a couple.  One was filmed like a movie.  I tried to watch it, but about ten minutes in, I gave up and went looking for another version.  I found a Shakespeare By The Sea version that was pretty good, even though it was updated with modern costumes and stuff.  It looked like a bunch of college kids putting it on, and I thought they did a really good job. If you're interested, you can watch it here:  Love's Labor's Lost

Next up is A Midsummer Night's Dream.  After that, I think I'll take a break from Shakespeare and read something a little lighter.  

I'll let you know. 

No comments: