Friday, February 23, 2024

It's Here!!!!

 It's here!  It's here!  It's here!!!!

And just what is here, you may ask.  Well, I'll tell you.  

This!

Um, what is that?  It's my mini greenhouse!!!

It's so cool.  It has a seed tray and a cover with humidity control thingies. 


And a grow light.


A soil meter and little bitty gardening tools, 


and a heat mat. 


As soon as I got home, I got the two packets of seeds I'd bought,


plus the sunflower seeds I'd gotten from my nephew's wedding, 


and got them planted.  The seed tray had just enough cells to put two to three seeds in each one, and use up all four packets of seeds, so that worked out well.  

Then I brought it inside and put the tray onto the mat and put the cover on, with the grow lights.  


I won't need them until the seeds germinate, but they're all set up and ready to go when that does happen.  When these immortal snakes of mine finally go to that great herpetarium in the sky, I'll set up a place in the corner of that room for it, but for now, it's on my kitchen counter.  

I just hope the warming mat and grow lights make a difference, as I've never been able to successfully grow anything from seeds. My friends tell me there is a knack to it, and once you get that knack, it's super easy, but I can't seem to figure it out.  Oh well, we'll either get it or we won't. 

Oh, I did read something that most people over water these types of seed trays, because the top dries out, but the bottom is still damp, which leads to root rot.  I'll have to figure out how and when to correctly water my seed tray.  That probe thing has a moisture meter, so maybe that will help me tell how dry the bottoms of the cells are. 

In other news, I also got some new Santa stickers to use this year when I do my Christmas cards. 


Because they were already in my shopping cart and I forgot to move them to the Save For Later section before I placed my order.  

And finally, I just thought you'd like to hear the weird music they're playing at work.  At least now, they've limited it to the start and end of each shift. It's not the best video, and there's a lot of hissing and background noise, but you get the idea.  

Oh, and there is no video because I had my phone laying on my stand the whole time. 


I just want to know one thing...why?  

No comments: