Sunday, January 07, 2024

The Safe Side

I got up this morning and checked how much data I had left on my plan, and apparently I had used quite a bit more yesterday than I realized, because I only had 18 G left.  So, just to be on the safe side, I streamed all the football games that I wanted to watch on my phone.

Oh, they wouldn't have cut me off, but I'd hate to go over on my very last day, and have to pay the extra fee for another 100G.  It's not even about the money.  It's the principle of the thing.  

Not much else has been going on today, other than getting the button sewn on the Calorimetry I'm taking to my coworker tomorrow.  Once I get that one delivered, everyone in the department will have something, and I'm going to be done with those people.  

Then I whipped out another one really quickly.  I'm thinking I might give that one to my sister-in-law next Christmas.  Next time I go into town, I'm going to see if they have this yarn in any other colors, and I'll make her a couple of them.  I think she'll like them.  I might make some for my sister, too.  The one who lives in Alaska.  

Well, it's that time of year again.  All my friends are talking about starting their seeds for their garden, and I'm having seed-starting envy.  I simply can not start anything from seed.  I've tried and tried.  Even the wildflower seeds I planted didn't grow -- and they're wildflowers.  They're supposed to grow pretty much anywhere.  My one friend says there is a knack to it, and once you figure that out, it's easy.  But me, I can't seem to figure that knack out.  

I kind of wish I had a small greenhouse.  I think that might help, because as it is, I don't have a safe space to leave seedlings outside.  I'm hoping once I get my fences replaced, I can find a corner of the yard to put a small greenhouse -- not even a full sized one.  Just something big enough to protect my plants from late frosts and hungry animals.  

Then there is the issue of getting out there and taking care of stuff after working a long, hot day in the factory...

And finally, I'm sure you will all be pleased to know that the last of the homemade Christmas cookies and candy have been either given away, eaten up, or vacuum sealed and frozen.  I've still got plenty of store bought candy and one of those tins of butter cookies to eat up, so there is that.  

I still haven't put together my gingerbread house.  I started to do it yesterday, but then I thought if I put it together, I'm going to have to eat it, and I'm about tired of eating sugar.  Maybe I'll do it over MLK weekend, because we'll have that Monday off.  

Now if you'll excuse me, this game is almost over and I still haven't practiced my piano, and I've got a book to finish.  

Laters. 

No comments: