Friday, January 19, 2024

Almost Over

It would seem our week of winter is almost over.  Even though it only got up to 35° today, stuff is rapidly melting.  I took a walk around the yard this afternoon and broke the ice off of my little home made greenhouse. 


I'm thinking by Monday afternoon, I can peel the plastic back and let little plants have some fresh air and sunlight.  


By the way, my friend Marcy told me that what I'm looking for is called a Cold Frame.  I knew exactly what I wanted, I just didn't know the name of it.  I've got plenty of that clear plastic, so I'm thinking if I can get ahold of some wood, I can build one.  If all else fails, they have them on Amazon.  The smallest are around $70 ish, but that would be enough for me to start some seeds in.  

Have I ever mentioned that I'm persistent?  Yep, I've already bought four more packets of bluebonnet seeds.  


Plus, my nephew and his bride were handing out packets of sunflower seeds at their wedding last August.  I picked up a couple of those, because I thought if I got a dozen, I'd look greedy.  I'm going to plant them and see if I can get them to grow.  

But I digress.  As I was saying earlier, stuff is starting to melt.  This bucket is where I collect rain water for my plants, and it was frozen solid.  


It has finally started melting a bit around the edges.  This afternoon, it got warm enough I was able to put my two little potted mums outside for some direct sunlight. 
 

After Monday, it's supposed to warm up into the 60s, so I can put them back out onto the front porch for a while.  

In knitting news, I finished another headband, this one in seed stitch. 


I don't think I'm going to do that again.  It looks nice, but it was a pain in the butt to knit.  I'll have to come up with something more fun if I'm going to keep doing these. 

And finally, I'm sure you will all be pleased to know that this morning, shortly before noon, after multiple buckets of water and copious amounts of plunging, I finally got that toilet in the hall bathroom unclogged.  

It's the little things....

2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

Check out the Rusted Garden on Youtube. The guy is all about inexpensive ways to make make garden things.

I'd love to have a cold frame. I don't have a good spot for one.

I love the look of seed stitch, but OMG all that flipping back and forth!

Hooray for getting the clog gone.

Yes, it is the little things.

I'm glad you made it through the storm.

Becky G said...

Thanks! I'll have to check him out!