Sunday, January 14, 2024

Take Two

 I made a few adjustments to the pattern and whipped out the second headband, and I like this one much better.  

I went with an 80 stitch cast on this time, and I think it fits much better.  I also added another reverse stockinette round to each of those sections, which made the whole thing about 4" wide.   Here we see Charlotte modeling it, but be aware, Charlotte is much smaller than the average adult human head. 

When I tried it on my own head, it fit like it should. 

They don't take long at all to whip out, so I should be able to make them for the coworkers I still knit for.  

That's about all for today.  Not much else has gone on except for me watching this winter storm approach.  The freezing rain and sleet started about 3:30, and we got a little bit of snow, but so far, it's not much.  We're supposed to get more through the night and into tomorrow.  

I took the precaution of sprinkling some salt on my back porch, so hopefully I won't fall and break my neck going to get more firewood in the morning.  

Now I need to add salt to my shopping list.  

1 comment: