Monday, May 10, 2021

Hat Progress

I've made a bit of progress on the hat I'd cast on, but now that I look at it, I don't really like it.  When I surreptitiously stared at the one being worn by the lady at work, it seemed so cute, but this just isn't working.  It doesn't seem like the pattern is that well defined.  

Of course, it could be the Red Heart I grabbed out of the cabinet...or it could be that I forgot to switch to my larger needles after I'd finished the ribbing, but no matter.  It'll go into the gift drawer anyway, and I'll try again. I used a reverse stockinette stitch, but I think next time, I might try a garter stitch for the rows between the seed stitch.  It might make the rows better defined.  And I might see if I have some worsted weight wool somewhere in my yarn stash.  That ought to make a big difference, as well. 

On the other hand, the inside looks really good. 

I may just turn it inside out when I get done and wear it that way.  Or, whoever gets it can, I mean. 

Oh, and I cast on my second sock.  Yay, me!


That's about it for tonight.  Maybe something exciting will happen...wait, I'd better not say that.  Last time I did, one of the brazers' fan caught on fire!

How about a nice, boring blog?  Yeah, that's the ticket!





No comments: