Sunday, May 16, 2021

Another Weekend Off

Despite only planting them Friday evening, I have, yes, run out exactly 3957 times to check my flower seeds.  Nothing yet...by the way...

Yesterday, I got out and tried to dig up that old fire pit to try to make a flower bed out of it.  I only got this far.


before I realized it was too full of junk.  I know you can't see the whole thing, but that's only about 1/3 of the fire pit.  But you know me.  I said, "What the heck.  Let's see what happens," and I planted one of the packets of wildflower mix seeds there.  If the birds don't get them all, I might have some wildflowers come up.  We shall see.

By the way, I think my marigolds might be toast.  I did some research and found that I shouldn't have put mulch around them, because that's where the slugs and snails live.  I have that skinny bed in front of my porch that is still empty, so I may go get some more and plant them there.  Or I may not.  We'll have to see.

The good news is, my roses have absolutely exploded.  It's been a long time since they've been this abundant. I think the cold did them some good. 


I'd been meaning to do it for a while, but I finally my pressure washer out and cleaned off my bricks. 


Your PSA for today, the pressure washer will generate a lot more pressure if you turn the breaker on.  Ummm...happened to a friend...Yeah...OK, moving right along....

After I got the majority of the moss off, I sprayed them down really well with diluted bleach to try to keep it from growing back.  I hope it works, because that spot gets very little bright sun, and moss loves shady and damp surfaces.  But, at least I won't be slipping on it for a while. 

While I had the ol' pressure washer out, I decided to clean the landscape timbers as well.  It was then that I discovered just how rotted one of them was. 


No big deal.  I'm pretty sure I've got some extras back in my shed I can replace it with. 

Before I put the pressure washer away, I got a bit more of the English Ivy roots off of my house, as well, until my hand started cramping up.    

It was about this point, I realized I was doing more work trying to avoid mowing than I would if I'd just mowed.  So I mowed. But only the front yard.  I wasn't that gung ho...

After all that, I spend the rest of the day knitting on a sock. 


And that's about it for my weekend.  How was yours?








No comments: