Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Hallelujer!

 As Madea would say, "Hallelujer!  Praise Da Lort!"

They fixed the parking lot at work, and it didn't take two years to do it!  

It's been messed up since the ice storm back in February.  Before they opened the plant back up, they brought in a bulldozer or some other such machinery to try to scrape all the ice up out of the parking lot.  What I speculate happened was when they scraped the ice up, all the gravel they'd filled the potholes in with came up, too.  Over the weekend, they brought in a new load of gravel, and filled those potholes back in.  I'm just amazed that it only took three months.  

And even better, the governor announced Monday that he will be ending the supplemental unemployment next month.  It's about time!  There are too many companies out there begging people to come work to have so many still sponging off the taxpayer.  Of course, the spongers are upset with him, because they're losing their free ride, but that's to be expected.  The downside is, I've been enjoying these Saturdays off.  The upside is, I might be getting some more of those overtime checks again!    

Well, it's been 2 1/2 weeks, and still no sign of my bluebonnets.  I had to run into town after work, and since I am stubborn, I bought two more packets of seeds. 


I'm going to get out and plant them maybe this weekend, and this time, I'll make sure I don't get the seeds too deep into the soil.  I think that may be what I did wrong last time. On a whim, I also picked up some wildflower mixes.  

Surely, out of all of these seeds, something ought to germinate. I'm still thinking I might dig up that old fire pit and plant some of these in there.  If we have Saturday off this week, I just might do that.  

In other news, I've gotten my 15 minutes of fame!

I've been watching a YouTube channel called Lost In The Pond for a couple of years now.  It's a British guy who married an American woman, and they moved to the U.S. a while back.  He does videos comparing how England and the U.S. are different.  Check out his channel.  They're really cool.  Last December, he did a video on how American Christmas traditions differ from British Christmas traditions.  I left a comment on that video.

Fast forward a few months.  Reaction videos are all the rage now, and this guy is one of my favorites.  Just a word of caution, though, he can be pretty foul mouthed, especially when watching weather videos.  

Anyway, he reacted to this video a couple of days ago...and skip to the end if you want...he read my comment! 

I feel famous now!  

And finally, as if everything else going on hasn't been enough, the Mississippi River Bridge up in Memphis has cracked.


Yeah...I think I'm  going go get under the covers now...just as soon as I practice my piano. 



No comments: