Wednesday, September 16, 2020

One Day More!

One more day of work, then I have a weekend off.  Not the plant.  Just me, because I have a vacation day Friday.  No, I don't know what I'm going to do on my day off yet, other than paying bills and buying groceries.  You know, the usual.  I might go ahead and get the mowing done, so I don't have that hanging over my head all weekend.  We'll see.  

I was going to blog last night, but I got to watching a Q&A from Mississippi State Department of Health with State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs and State Epidemiologist Dr. Paul Byers.  There is so much misinformation about COVID out there, so this was really interesting to me.  The session lasted an hour, but it was so fascinating that the time went by pretty quickly.  If you want to watch it, you can find it on their Facebook page here:  Mississippi Department Of Health.

I know some of y'all are going to say, "But they're lying!  I know they're lying because I saw a Facebook meme!"  Me, I'm going to take the word of two very intelligent doctors with some 50-ish years of experience between them than that of an unsubstantiated internet meme -- especially one I can debunk with 30 seconds of research.  While sitting on the toilet, no less. 

Anyway, what I was going to show you yesterday, before I got caught up in that Q&A, was this.  What with my beard mask being such a hit at work, I decided to order two more.  These two:


I wore the cat face today, but it didn't quite go over as well.  


At the end of the day, my supervisor told me not to go cough up any hairballs.  He's not nearly as funny as he thinks he is.

He's not exactly my favorite person right now anyway.  He just got back from taking a couple of weeks vacation, and told me he'd been surfing.  I thought he went to Florida, because he's always talking about an buddy who lives there.  But no, he said he'd gone to the Great State Of Texas.  

"Oh," I said.  "South Padre?"

"Galveston Island," was his reply.

I hate you.  I hate everything about you. 


Look!  A spider lily!


I thought we needed a distraction...


I'm still practicing my piano, but I think I goofed up.  See, I've been going through my Christmas music books, trying to decide what songs I want to work up for your Christmas concert. I found a really beautiful version of Joy To The World that I'm definitely going to learn.  The problem is, now I don't want to play anything else!  

It's OK if I take a break from lessons until after Christmas, isn't it? 

 

And finally, I'm having way too much fun watching my friend Susie spending her first hurricane season in Florida.  She sure picked a doozy of a year to move to the Gulf Coast, huh?  

Next storm on the list will be Wilfred, and we're only just past half way through hurricane season.  I wish my dad were still here.  

He'd have loved this. 



 

No comments: