Friday, September 25, 2020

I Didn't Do Squat

I didn't do squat today.   Nothing.  Nada.  Zero.  Zilch.

Well, unless you count washing dishes, doing laundry, and going grocery shopping, that is. But while I was doing said shopping, I picked me up a little something.

Remember last week when I bought those little fall signs for my shelf?  If you'll recall, I said there was a third one I wanted to get as well, to hang on the wall over my mantle.  Well, today, first thing I did was to go over to the fall decoration section and found the sign.  There were about three that I debated over, but I finally picked the one I wanted and continued on with my shopping.

As soon as I walked around the corner, lo and behold, I saw a sign I liked even better.

"Ooooo, I like that one even better," I said, picking it up and putting it into my basket.  I finished my shopping, and as soon as I got home and got my cold stuff put away, I got the sign and hung it over my mantle.  


I first hung it on the screw that had the horse head on it, but I ended up having to drive another nail in the wall anyway, because it was too close to that brown plate.  Moving it over just a bit gave it all a much better balance. 

While I had my nails out, I went ahead and drove another one to hang the horse head on.

So far, it hasn't fallen off the wall, so maybe it'll be OK.  All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how this corner has turned out. 

I finished my household chores and settled down to watch some Halloween baking shows on Food Network.  Funny, I only like watching cooking shows in the Fall and around Christmas time.  Oh, they're on all year long, but I guess when you're working 60+ hours a week, you don't have time to wipe your behind, much less enjoy TV shows.  

The good news is, starting Monday, we're back on 9 hours!  Eight hours for the assembly lines, but component areas always work a little longer.  I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.  I just hope this time it lasts more than two weeks. 

Anyway, there I was, watching Halloween Baking Championship, when I saw it.  Do you see it?  

Sigh...

No wonder I liked that sign.  Oh, well, I ain't taking it back.  Maybe nobody will notice. 

Well, this would have been the weekend for the third annual Fiber Fun In The 'Sip, if not for this whole pandemic thing we got going on.  I'm really missing hanging out with Amy, Christi, and Leann, but what can you do?  We keep saying we're going to have a weekend retreat at Leann's new shop up north of Memphis, but we can't seem to get our acts together enough to actually...um...get together.  

In the meantime, I noticed many of my hand knit wash cloths are getting a bit frayed around the edges, so I picked up some new balls of cotton to make some more.    

And maybe, just maybe, with these shorter shifts, I'll actually have time to knit them!  

We shall see. 




1 comment:

Didi/Diane said...

I thought Leann was out in LA?