Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Random Thoughts Of Whatever Day This Is


1.  I knew right away what kind of day today was going to be when I stumbled out of bed at 3:30 AM and went through my morning routine, which includes turning on my coffee pot.  I finished getting dressed, and just before leaving, picked up the carafe to pour my coffee.  Only there was no coffee in it.  "What happened to my coffee?"  I thought.  I wondered briefly if my new coffee maker had broken down already, so I opened the top, and lo and behold, no water anywhere.  All I saw were the cold, soggy grounds from yesterday's pot.  Yep, I'd forgotten to fix the coffee pot last night.  I thought about going back to bed, but didn't.  I went on to work, coffee-less.  And that was the highlight of my day.  


2.  All I've been doing is working.  Just working, nothing but working, working, working, working... but I did want to pop in and let you know I'm still alive over here.  Choking on Sahara dust, but alive nonetheless.   


2.  True we get it every year, but it seems especially thick this year.  It was so bad a few days ago, I could actually taste it on my lips.  See what I had to deal with on Monday?  For once, I didn't even complain about having to wear a mask.  



3.  My coworker is crazy as a rocket.  She's got a good heart, though, and everybody likes her.  I couple of days ago, she was showing us how she wanted to be laid out at her funeral.  Right there on the conveyor.  




4.  One day last week, I heard her over on her brazing stand just a yelling, and my name came up a couple of times.  I asked another coworker what was going on down there.  She said the other one was getting into a tiff with Stalker, and said, "This is why Becky don't fool with you any more!  Keep it up and you're going to have another Becky over here!"  I'd sure like to know what brought that on.  

5.  Speaking of Stalker, he's messed up two more orders since I last spoke with you.  Word in the wind is that Group Leader Shark wants to get rid of him.  He can't keep up.  Well, he's going to have to figure it out soon, because my line is supposed to open back up next week, and I won't be able to cover his butt any more.  

6.  I've already ordered Cody's first Christmas present.  Or maybe I'll give it to him for his birthday.  I don't know yet.  Anyway, I found a veteran owned company called Frag Out Flavor that does spice blends and such.  They have really cool names like Purple Heart, Battle Buddy, and Freedom Spice.  


Since Cody likes to cook, I thought he'd appreciate a sampler pack.  I wonder if he has a grill....


7.  I bought this book just on a whim.  In case I go to England some day.  Which will probably never happen, but still...


One of my favorite YouTube channels is called Lost In The Pond.  It's by a guy named Laurence Brown.   He's British, and married to an American woman.  They'd been living in London, until about 12 years ago, when they moved to the U.S. Anyway, they had received this book as a gift and made a whole video where they try to guess each other's words.  It's pretty funny. 

8.  I finished another Yes.Fit race.  I really like this medal, too.  It's got a silhouette of the Beast with the rose.  


11.  I got the little card my friend Cyndye sent me framed and hung on the wall, right next to the picture Suzie drew when I moved into this house.   It makes me feel like I have friends around.  


12.  I totally skipped #9 and #10 up there.  Did I mention I'm tired?  Yep, these long hours are killing me.  I apologize if this post seems a bit disjointed, but I'm too tired to even think.  And I still have to practice my piano before I can go to bed, so I'd better get to it.



No comments: