Monday, June 08, 2020

Cristobol And Stuff

It turns Cristobol, like most of my past relationships, has turned out to be somewhat of a dud. 


We got a bit of wind, but nothing severe, and hardly any rain.  I had 1 3/4 inches in my rain guage when I got home from work.  So, after all the buildup, he was a bit of a let down.  Heck, I can't even get his name right.  I keep wanting to call him Gordon.  I'm bit bummed that I didn't get to use my new camp stove, which arrived today, because the electricity didn't go out. 


I guess the cookies I left out for Jim Cantore worked.  


I very briefly considered calling in sick this morning -- no point in trying for perfect attendance when we don't get a bonus for it any more -- just to watch the storm come through, but I told myself not to be stupid.  I can't really afford to blow a day's pay just for the weather, and they are predicting a busy season.  There will be other storms, so up I got and to work I went, where I spent the entire day wishing I'd stayed home.  Every time the shipping doors opened, I could see the wind blowing the trees outside, and I so wanted to be out there in it.  Alas, by the time I got off, it was all but over.  Even now, the wind has switched back to the West, and I'm in a funk.  

I am my father's daughter, after all, and he was the original weatherholic.  

OK, then, moving right along.  Back in the day, I'd made up these little headline things to put into my blog when I was ready to change the subject.  That way, you, Gentle Reader, didn't have to endure a jarring change of subject, or suffer through tiresome and repetitive segues.  Because I totally can't come up with an original segue.  I thought I'd bring them back for a while, just to see what you think.  The headlines, not the segues.   Let me know, OK?  And as promised, here is the first one:    


Get it?  It's a play on the spelling of knitting, and the word news...clever huh?  OK, never mind.  In knitting knews...heh, snuck that one in on you, didn't I?  OK, OK, I'll stop.  

I finished a hat.


I've got a bit of yarn left over, and am debating whether it's enough to make a decent sized pom pom.  I've already cast on another hat, but haven't even done enough to show you.  I can't even tell you what yarn it is, because I don't know.  It's a random ball I found in the back of the yarn closet.  I only hope it's enough for a hat.  I'm not completely sure.  We call it yarn chicken, and it's why knitting is such an adventure.  Among other things...


Abrubt change of subject...I bought this little trellis a few years ago, thinking it was a much bigger trellis.


The plan was to train some English Ivy to grow up and make a nice little shady spot for my gardenia, which, according to the plant tag, doesn't like afternoon sun.  However, the English Ivy didn't work out, and I taped a black garbage bag to it.  

I was out in the back yard yesterday doing some storm prep when I thought, "Hey, I could train that Virginia Creeper to grow up onto it."  I carefully detatched the vine from the brick and wrapped it through the trellis.  I wrapped some of the ones creeping along the ground onto it as well.  Hopefully, it'll survive.  

Whelp, that's about it for today, as it's almost bedtime, and I still need to practice my piano.  I thought when they put us back to 8 hour shifts, I'd have so much more time to do stuff.  I thought wrong.  I really need to reduce my presence on Facebook, and not just because it's a time suck.  

I need to stay off to maintain my sanity.  If y'all need me, I'll be here, on the blog. 



 

No comments: