Wednesday, June 17, 2020

One Year

It was exactly one year ago today, I came home from work and found a very large box left in my carport.  And what was inside said box?  This:


It has changed my life.  From the first few hesitant notes, to what I can play today,  I've enjoyed every minute of the journey.  Sometimes, I get frustrated and think I should be farther along.  I've seen videos of other people's progress and they seem to be playing a whole lot better than I am.  Then I remind myself that those people don't have full time jobs, and are practicing two and three hours a day.  There are days when I feel lucky just to run through my finger strengthening exercises.  

But no matter.  It's a journey, not a race.  I'm taking things at my own pace, and since I'm only learning for myself, that's perfectly fine with me. 

Now, the plan was to have a pretty good recital for you on my one year anniversary of learning, but alas, it hasn't worked out that way.  Maybe I'll be able to get some more songs recorded for you soon, but for now, this will have to do.  

Again, kindly excuse the crappy sound quality.  One day, I'm going to have a better camera.  Oh, and I have no idea what that whistling noise is, either. Overlook it, and enjoy the music.    


Since we've gone back on these long, long shifts, blogging will be sparse for the next few weeks.  I'll try to drop in and post every so often, but for now, I just don't have time.  


Thanks for understanding. 








No comments: