Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Not As Bad

Well, here you go.  For those of you on the morbid side, here is a photo of some of my wasp stings.  


I can assure you, they are not nearly as bad as they look.  The stings themselves have healed for the most part.  What you are seeing is the bruising I left when I scratched the mess out of them.  Oh, but you're not supposed to scratch these things, you say.

Hey, if you can ..not scratch...you're a better person than I am, Gunga Din.  

You know what is as bad as it looks?  The heat.  

According to my thermometer, when I got home from work it was 99° in the shade.  I don't even want to know what the heat index is, and it doesn't look like there's going to be any relief in the foreseeable future, either.  My poor air conditioner hasn't shut off at all this afternoon.  It probably won't until after the sun sets.  

Needless to say, I didn't do much outside at all.  I checked the plants, filled the bird bath and hummingbird feeder, then ran back inside.  I didn't even start the soaker hose until 6:00 PM.  I let it run for 30-ish minutes then watered the other beds by hand.  I found a few cayenne peppers ready to cut, 


and by the time I got done with all of that, I was absolutely drenched in sweat.  

I took a quick shower, and spent the rest of the day knitting.  


Yarn:  Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn
Colorway:  Songbird Stripe
Pattern:  Basic Beanie
Needles:  US 8 / 5mm

Oh, and I did make some chicken salad and put some of the banana peppers I picked yesterday into it.  One thing I didn't get done was to make the cat's vet appointment.  I followed the link in the email but it said their online booking service is down.  But by that time, it was too late to call. 

I guess I'll try again tomorrow. 

No comments: