We got a little teaser this morning of what’s coming up in a few weeks. I mean, it's still early August, but it's something to look forward to. What am I talking about, you ask? It was 68° when I got up this morning! And it felt so good.
It was even cold in the plant, believe it or not. For once, I was glad I'm such a procrastinator because I'd never taken my flannel shirt out of my bag. I needed it today. Oh, it warmed up pretty quickly once the sun came up, but those first few hours were nice.
Speaking of chilly weather, I finished my most recent sailor hat yesterday evening.
Yarn: Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn
Colorway: Rainbow Galaxy
Pattern: Basic Beanie
Needles: US 8 / 5mm
I really love the way this one turned out. I might have to do a few more from this color.
As soon as I was done, I cast on a new one.
Yarn: Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn
Colorway: Day Dreamery
Pattern: Basic Beanie
Needles: US 8 / 5 mm
So anyway, I've had this storage box sitting in my spare room for about as long as I've lived in this house.
I've often joked that if someone snuck into my house and threw away everything that was inside it, I'd never miss any of it. But if I sort through it, I find too much I want to keep, thus, it still sits there.
Today, I decided I was going to be the sneak and toss it all -- no matter what. That's pretty much what I did. By the time I was done, this was all that was left.
Some money, a few mementos and a Styrofoam head. I also kept this messenger style book bag that I bought probably 30 years ago. I used to use it all the time, but now it just sits there.
I put it into the top of the closet, thinking maybe I can use it as an overnight bag or something. But then, I'd have to actually go somewhere. Or maybe I'll find a homeschooling family locally that wants it.
I don't know. I'll figure something out.






No comments:
Post a Comment